Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-27-2010, 01:48 PM  

San Diego, CA
What would it take to get you to move from house in the suburbs to high-density urban

What amenities and architectural design would lure you to feel like a high-density condo downtown would feel relaxing, comfortable, private and as good as a white picket fence in the burbs?

Old 12-28-2010, 08:47 AM  

san diego, CA
never in a million years

Old 12-28-2010, 02:43 PM  

San Diego, CA
Being a brewer, I'd need storage space and a good water/drainage. I wouldn't mind a loft, but I'd also need a park where I could take my dog. I live a mile from downtown, and that's close enough.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:08 AM  

Corrals for my horses? Not gonna happen; I'm looking to go the other way. More land, fewer people.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:47 PM  

What would it take? An upper floor in an high-rise with access to a rooftop garden type area
Don't need pools, or gyms
Old 02-02-2011, 08:15 PM  

Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
never in a million years
I couldn't trade having a yard for living in the city.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:48 AM  

Covina, California
A good size garage a good size park within walking distance, and a comparable price and I'd move in tomorrow..
Old 02-14-2011, 04:54 PM  
a4j

Actually, if I could sell my house right now, I'd move into a high density downtown development. I have a 3-car garage right now, but I could give that up for just one secured parking spot. I don't need a yard, as long as there's open space within walking distance. Everything would need to be within walking distance, especially mass transit.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:31 PM  

San Diego, CA
I have lived in downtown San Diego for over ten years and have watched the place grow up around me. I am right outside center field at Petco Park and while it's nice to walk to my favorite eateries I can not wait to get away from the constant fire trucks and ambulances, the weekend drunks that come downtown to party and trash my neighborhood, the battle for nightly parking, the graffiti from the idiotic fools that enjoy destroying other's property, the constant noise, the never ending street closures for construction, parties and other events that keep me awake late at night.....

Yes, it really is that bad and I can not wait to get out

For the younger crowd who love to live in a constant party, it's great, but not to me
Old 02-22-2011, 07:44 PM  

An attractive architectural design would be Arts & Crafts. While there is plenty of this type in single family homes arounf Balboa Park, downtown could use a few multifamily dwellings of his sort. Give me quality built-ins, wavey glass, hardwood floors, a small gas fireplace, and a deck for a BBQ and potted plants and I'd be tempted to make the move. Build this place with dedicated parking, and within walking distance to restaurants, coffee shops, grocery store and a grown-ups bar (no night clubs) and I'd move tomorrow.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads