Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-19-2010, 10:32 AM  

Discovery Bay, Ca
My recomendation is....ALL OF THEM! Any place that serves beer is awesome

Old 11-21-2010, 06:45 PM  

Savannah, GA
21A and Magnolia are my favorite for "drink in" but hit City Beer for take home. Great selection and you can try it there. Wish we could do tastings in store here in Ga.

David

Old 11-22-2010, 04:06 AM  

Bay Area, California
i have been using Beer By BART as my guide for caltrain and bart. two thumbs up
Old 11-22-2010, 03:22 PM  

I think the better brewpubs are in the eastbay (mainly pacific coast and triple rock). I feel the SF ones (21st amendment and magnolia are overrated, largely because they're so damn expensive). But I also really like Rogue in northbeach
Old 11-22-2010, 03:34 PM  

i went to the beach chalet brewery once. it is pretty nice and they have good beer.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:08 PM  

vallejo, ca
As stated above, Magnolia Brewery at Haight and Masonic has some incredible brews and really great food. This place was my local haunt for several years when I still lived in the city. From there jump on the 7 heading down to the Lower Haight and stop off at The Toronado for the best draught beer selection the the Bay Area.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:10 PM  

oakland, ca
A couple people have already mentioned East Bay places, so I'll add a couple more:
  • Trappist (around the block from previously mentioned Beer Revolution) has lots on tap at 2 different bars plus a huge bottle list (mostly Belgian as the name suggests, but plenty of other options too).
  • Triple Rock in Berkeley (go upstairs to the roof patio if the weather's good).
  • Jupiter, also in Berkeley (big patio, so its another great good-weather spot). Their house brews are made by Drake's brewery in San Leandro.
  • Cafe Biere in Emeryville tiny place gets crowded fast but has good food too.

I could keep going, but since you did ask about S.F., not East Bay, that's probably too many already...
Old 11-23-2010, 10:31 AM  

Lafayette, CA
+1 on The Trappist. Go on a Tuesday night and they have $2 tacos from Tamarindo delivered. Barclay's on college is a good spot as well.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:41 AM  

When I lived in Palo Alto and felt like taking a drive for beer I always skipped the city and went to Russian River in Santa Rosa. Go early on a sunday (all day happy hour), sit your ass down for a few hours and watch some awesome local music talent take the stage. A truly fantastic place and the freshest Pliny in all the land, obviously
Old 11-25-2010, 01:10 PM  

Oakland, CA
I've been wanting get up to RR brewery. I was at Lagunitas recently and they had a Habanero IPA. I am trying make something similar right now.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.