Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-15-2010, 10:31 PM  

San Jose, CA
Best Prime Rib

Without a doubt, that has to be House of Prime Rib on Van Ness. Its a classy joint, food is amazing, wine selection rocks, and the staff really know what they're doing. If you go, go early on a late week day, and if you're there any day but wednesday, ask for David to be your server.

make sure to stop by the bar, and ask for Jennifer. Ask her to make you a moquito... she hates making them.

Tell them both that the Shizmo Brewery Boys sent you! And do remember to tip well!

Old 11-16-2010, 12:10 AM  

San Rafael, CA
Absolutely positively have to agree with that. Although prime rib's fallen down my list of favourite red meats lately... all about the hanger steak, and Boca in Novato (of all places!) is the place to go for that.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:36 PM  

Canfield, OH
I haven't eaten all the prime rib there is in SF, but I agree that House of Prime Rib was excellent. I stayed nearby for my honeymoon and the wife and I loved it!
Old 11-16-2010, 06:27 PM  

Alameda, Ca.
Great to know as back in the 70's Victoria Station had the best prime at the time in the Oakland east bay area. Best part I packed ice, did mechanical repairs be it emergencies, tapped kegs plus lighting maintenance. I'm an electrician this gave me a free prime rib weekly just show therm how thick of cut late sunday nights plus free biers all ther time for over 5 years. I knew the bar tender and coctail hostess lifetime friends.
I'd take the free soft cheddar cheese with Ritz crackers on the tables but add bacon bits from the salad section to dip the cheeze coated crackers for the many many mid week meals with bier. Stuck on an island....=o&o>.......
Old 11-18-2010, 01:06 PM  

I love HOPR as we call it, but I am going to Alfred's on Saturday and I will let you know!
Old 11-19-2010, 10:33 AM  

Discovery Bay, Ca
Definatly HOPR!
Old 11-19-2010, 02:32 PM  

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
HOPR was the first place my wife and I ever at at when we moved to the Bay Area. When my job transfered me out of the area earlier this year, HOPR was the last place we ate at before we moved. I love that place!
Old 11-30-2010, 07:56 PM  

Vallejo, CA
We had our office Christmas party maybe three or four years ago. Great food.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:47 PM  

San Francisco, CA
HOPR is good - but it only really has prime rib. Izzy's in the mAria is the best all round steak house in the city IMHO
Old 12-16-2010, 01:02 AM  

Daly City, CA
House of Prime or Ruth Chris on California??? which would you pick? I've been to HOPR multiple time but only been to Ruth Chris once, I thought it was close between the two

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.