Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2010, 01:50 PM  

San Francisco, CA
Brewcraft

I like the place but agree that the location is hard. I can never find parking in the area and parking blocks away then lugging stuff to the car is an issue.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:48 PM  

Oakland, CA
Never been to the one in the city but I like BB&MB. I have never gotten an attitude but have found that I have to ask.

As for Oak Barrel, they have been helpful enough but all I have ever gotten outof them was one word answers.

"I was thinking of maybe getting into soda making. But I don't know muhc. Do you guys have those carbcap things."

"Yup" pointing to wall.

"It says I am supposed to use champagne yeast. Is that right/"

"No, use ale yeast."

"Why."

"Because."

It was like pulling teeth. And considering I was the only guy in the store, it was a little irritating. I was buying beer supplies too but I finally walked out and went to BB&MB.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:20 PM  

San Francisco, California
I have been going to SF Brewcraft for several years, and it is my home shop. All the guys in there including Griz have been more than helpful, and show a real passion for brewing. I have progressed in my brewing and have built a lot of homebrew projects with their help and expertise over the years, and am confident that I wouldn't have been able to complete them without the guys at SF Brew. I take pride in supporting their business, and find the "organized chaos" of the shop endearing.

If it doesn't suit your style, there is a great brewshop that is all organic, and very organized down in Santa Cruz called Seven Bridges. That shop is amazing, and they coach you through the process every step of the way.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:43 PM  

sf, ca
The Griz will make you up a recipe right on the spot. Just give him an idea of what you want, they always come out good.!
Old 12-22-2010, 04:01 PM  

Napa, CA
I'm currently building a HERMS system and have found more helpful information on the interent than any brick and mortar store. I appreciate knowing that the malt isn't as fresh as it should be there. I'll stick with ordering mine online.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:35 PM  

half moon bay, ca
i agree with MyMistake. morebeer.com has great selection and are very helpful. I visit the store in Mountain View and they are always very friendly and helpful and have a lot of items in stock.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Bookmark this Page!