Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2010, 01:19 PM  
Hondo78

Wilsonville, Oregon
Get out today! Lincoln Park in San Francisco

Get out today! Take a drive or a bus to the Beginning Mile marker for the "Lincoln Highway" the first interstate highway in the USA, (Well before Route 66") The Highway connects San Francisco with New York City (Time Square). And follows highway 80 mostly these days. Take a drive!

You will find it in Lincoln Park, next to the golf course and parking lot.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:33 PM  

Concord, CA
I didn't know that! It's kind of cool to be living so close to that kind of history. I'm going to have to take my girlfriend out for a drive before the weather turns sour again.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:39 AM  
Hondo78

Wilsonville, Oregon
Lincoln Highway

We took a drive last winter over to see the ending mile post after google earth searching it. Pouring down rain, but did go to the web site and followed the path to Nevada making it a day trip. Most of the Lincoln HYW follows HWY-80 thourgh California. Fun trip, the mile posts are listed on the Lincoln Highway website.

(We stopped for the night in North Shore Tahoe on the way back)

Enjoy-

Lincoln Highway Association.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Bookmark this Page!