Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-20-2010, 11:33 AM  

Sonoma, California
Actually Whole Foods has a pretty nice selection of beers, also a couple of mom and pop bottle shops in Sonoma get really nice stuff.

Old 12-21-2010, 01:18 PM  

oakland, ca
thanks for this! I am freshly back in Oakland and looking for places to buy quality beer. Cannot wait to try out beer revolution!

Old 12-21-2010, 02:53 PM  

Washington DC, DC
East coast guy here. Of all these Bay Area beer stores, do any ship? Any recommendations on a good, reliable shipper of NorCal beers (Russian River, etc)?
Old 12-21-2010, 11:40 PM  

San Francisco, California
In San Francisco I always go to "Healthy Spirits" at 15th and Castro.

Dave (the dude in charge) has an insane beer selection, but the best part about the place is that he has a "beer club". For about 45 bucks a month he sends out a newsletter that showcases all this hard to find beer, and descriptions of it. Sometimes he will do food pairings with it, but you go to the shop and pick up your beer from the club fee every month. More often than not, he includes beer that you can't really get in a store, just reserved for the club members. He is very knowledgable about the beer he sells, the whiskey he carries, as well as the wines. He'll talk your ear off about it, and its great because he makes his own hummus that you can buy there, and he has a sampler spread at the counter.

Talking about great beer, and chomping on homemade hummus.....rad.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:38 PM  

sf, ca
the beer store in sf has a very nice selection also beer tasting
Old 12-25-2010, 03:50 PM  

Santa Rosa, CA
In Santa Rosa--- Bottle Barn and Whole Foods Coddingtown
Old 12-28-2010, 09:32 PM  

Beer Selection

New Star-Ell Liquor at Divisadero and Fulton St. has a great selection, lots of 22's and larger bottles, something from each content, ever african beers!
Old 12-29-2010, 01:25 PM  

half moon bay, ca
I have had good luck finding rare beers at BevMo! in San Bruno. Was there yesterday and they had an amazing selection of holiday beers, including some holiday editions of belgian beers, such as Delirium.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:50 PM  

Rohnert Park, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermick View Post
If you head north, Bottle Barn in Santa Rosa is a great spot for some rarer stuff.
i also recommend this

some good imports can be found at Pacific Market in Rohnert Park
Old 01-27-2011, 02:16 PM  

I think Bottle Barn offers a great selection at fair prices. They are on Industrial in Santa Rosa for those curious.
Surprisingly the Costco in Santa Rosa has surprised me more than once with a good selection of cases. They carry on an irregular basis: Kona, Lagunitas, Sierra, North Coast as well as the "regular" premiums domestic, European and Mexican.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.