Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2010, 05:50 PM  

Sacramento, CA
How is the new Calif Acadamy of Sciences?

I remember the old one, about 40 years ago and the Aligator Gar tank, I hear they still have some of those same fish?

Old 09-26-2010, 05:56 PM  
Chair and Pie

Monterey County, CA
I heard from my uncle its pretty neat, he has a friend that works there.

Old 10-04-2010, 02:17 PM  

Sunnyvale, California
I remember the old one too... didn't care for the new one. Miss the snakes and lizards. New aquarium feature is better than old one, but pales in comparison to Monterey. Rain forest display is pretty dull after a long wait in line to see it.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:35 PM  

San Francisco, California
The best part about the new Academy of Sciences are the Thursday night parties. Music and bartenders in house. I could watch those fish tanks all day.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:50 PM  

San jose, cA
When would you suggest best time to go would be? (least traffic in terms of people?)
Old 10-12-2010, 08:06 PM  

Susanville, California
I went recently with my guide dog in training and it was fun. The people were nice and the attractions were interesting. I would definitely go again if I was in the area.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:21 AM  

Daly City, CA
The new Academy of Science is very good, been when I was a kid, and now as an adult it is still a very interesting place to visit. I don't like the big crowd also, so I would suggest to go there during the weekday(school hours) and not a first Wednesday of the month. Check out their website, somewhere will have a schedule for free admission if you are SF resident.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:32 AM  

San Rafael, California
It's pretty bad ass the way they've redone it, but I have some pretty fond memories of the old crusty building. Some of the props from the old buildling have been placed in random locations around the new one and they look out of place to me. In high school we used to load up the bong in the parking lot and watch the late night pink floyd laser shows in the planetarium. I've been to the new place twice and didn't get a chance to go in the new planetarium because of the extra cost and the lines. Again, it's cool, but not the same as it was.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:00 PM  

Concord, California
I had always thought Academy of Sciences was pretty neat as a kid. However, I went recently and was disappointed with how quickly I was able to go through the whole place. It will keep you interested for a couple of hours but don't plan on spending half the day there.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:11 AM  

Cotati, California
Its MODERN, so in that aspect its cool. The part where all the stuffed animals are kept, was a let down. It seems like my old aunts place with the taxied animals starting to frey and rot. I really enjoyed the rain forest exibit. Lots of little things to look at.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Bookmark this Page!