Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-07-2010, 11:20 AM  

Santa Rosa, CA
A pub? In Whole Foods???

Yup!

Santa Rosa's newest Whole Foods has one of, uh, like TWO (?) in-store pubs, serving an awesome selection of brews on tap right in the store.

It's separated from the market by a funky wood wall, but has glassless windows that open out to the isles and many are the times that pubbers will carry on conversations with strangers as they walk by shopping.

The idea is a very good one, bringing a new demographic into the store while spreading around a vast menu of ever-changing craft brews from all over. You'll find beers on tap here you won't find elsewhere.

We were there opening day, and they said they could not accept tips, which was great due to the $5/pint price, but they have figured out that they can, so tipping can be expensive if you're like me, tipping each time you buy a pint. The staff is understanding and happy, so tipping isn't really a big deal.

I can't say enough about the place other than it should be experienced. I was told the pub is the only one in northern California, but was later told it's one of the few Whole Foods has in the country. It's certainly going to be a Godsend for the other businesses in the lagging mall that houses it, Coddingtown.

Stop by and check it out. Highly recommended!

Old 12-07-2010, 11:57 AM  

Redwood City, CA
That's sound pretty cool. Wish the RWC one would upgrade!

Old 12-07-2010, 12:28 PM  

Santa Rosa, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWCBC View Post
That's sound pretty cool. Wish the RWC one would upgrade!
Yeah, it really is cool. I can walk there from my house in five minutes, even through the busiest intersection in Sonoma County, and with their food selection it's really heaven!
Old 12-09-2010, 12:43 AM  

San Rafael, CA
Awesome! If any of the San Rafael Whole Foods employees are reading this... GET TO WORK, I'M THIRSTY!!
Old 12-20-2010, 11:31 AM  

Sonoma, California
Just there last week, unbelievable, what a great idea!!
Old 12-22-2010, 04:22 PM  

Napa, CA
This is trouble. I already spend enough money at Whole Foods sober. Now I've got to get out of there without spending $300 after I try all their beer? Sheesh!
Old 12-25-2010, 03:48 PM  

Santa Rosa, CA
Lots of great beers on tap. You can also grab any beer (hundreds) from the shelf and pay a $1 corkage.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:02 PM  

SF Bay Area (north), California
Bring that idea to Napa!!!
The Napa WF has a great selection of beers - the guy in charge seems to know and love craft brews. Seems like a natural to have a couple of pints while shopping with the wife - it would make the whole experience so much better!
Did I just say that with my outside voice?
Old 01-19-2011, 01:37 PM  

Rohnert Park, California
i went there on opening day as well, its a great experience, you can also buy any beer in the store and pay a $1 "corkage" fee to drink it in their pub. Also you can buy the glassware on display which is neat.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:54 PM  

Santa Rosa, CA
Are you an AHA member? They take the card!!!

If you're a card-carrying AHA member, this cool tap room will give you $1 off every pint ordered (happy hour 24/7, or at least during business hours)

Me thinks Whole Foods is growing up nicely!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads