Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2010, 01:14 PM  
Hondo78

Wilsonville, Oregon
Want to get out today... Alice's Place

If you want to get out today.. Take your bike or drop the top on your car and drive to Alice's Place at 4 corners west of Palo Alto. Take 101 to hwy 84 west and make a left or south on the skyline road next stop Alice's place. Great lunch, local honey, lots of corner carving bikes and sports cars.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:33 PM  

San Ramon, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo78 View Post
If you want to get out today.. Take your bike or drop the top on your car and drive to Alice's Place at 4 corners west of Palo Alto. Take 101 to hwy 84 west and make a left or south on the skyline road next stop Alice's place. Great lunch, local honey, lots of corner carving bikes and sports cars.
Bikers in leathers are welcome and the norm at Alice's. Can get very busy on weekends though. Food is good and resonably priced. They have a back room you can reserve for your group too. The roads in the area are are a favorite for motorcyclists, twisty and great scenery.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:41 AM  

San Francisco, CA
Just be careful on the right handed curves with high banks, there are 2 or 3 in the area where the dirt and pebbles like to wash down across the road and you cant see it 'til you're on top of it. Buddy of mine dumped his speed triple on one. I tend to pick a mid to outside line on the blind right curves unless I know the turn well already.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:49 PM  

Cobb, CA
If we are talking La Honda I loved that place, used to go up from Los Gatos almost every weekend battered by the horizontal 'rain' that would blow out of the trees pull up park with 200 or so other bikes and chow down on a hearty breakfast. Didn't know it was still there or open. Fond memories of some of the cool rat bikes, Moto Guzies and other exoctic things there.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:37 PM  
Hondo78

Wilsonville, Oregon
Alice's at 4 corners

This time of year it is quiet on the weekdays for lunch, however in winter I make the trek in an enclosed car an old AMC Javelin SCCA racer still wearing red white and blue colors as raced. I had worked just down the hill for years, and have driven in snow at or near Alice's most every year, really quite a site for being so close to Palo Alto and the grind.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Francisco
Bookmark this Page!