Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Jose
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-19-2010, 11:47 PM  

San Jose, CA
Breweries I Love...

In heaven there is no beer. That's why we drink it here. In light of this revelation I do my fair share of beer tasting. Who am I kidding? Since I discovered the funnel I no longer drink beer. Ha ha. Here are some of my favorite breweries: (1) Rock Bottom Brewery (in the Pruneyard Shopping Center). Happy hour begins at 3 pm. Buy a jug (called a Growler) and take some beer home. (2) BJs Brewery has two locations. One is in Cupertino and the other is at the old West Gate Shopping Center. (3) Gordon Biersch located in downtown San Jose walking distance from San Jose State University. Has great food and beer of course. (4) Boulder Creek Brewery in Boulder Creek. A cool mountain town brewery tucked in the Santa Cruz Mtns. on Hwy. 9. They have a great lunch special - Cheese Buger and Fries. Get the garlic fries. They are to die for. There are many more but these are my favorites. Hope you get a chance to visit these great breweries. Enjoy live...eat out often.

Old 11-21-2010, 03:26 AM  

Bay Area, California
sadly we are limited on brewerys in the south bay . no russian river, or bear republic.

but i guess ill make due with rock bottom, its not the best but i go there with some friends once in a while to watch sharks games

has anyone been to the los gatos brewery?

Old 11-21-2010, 01:00 PM  
Supporting Member

San Jose, CA
Haven't been to the Los Gatos brewery, but have heard it's pretty good.

Did you know they just opened another location in San Jose? It's on Santa Clara, where AP Stumps used to be.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:05 AM  

Bay Area, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemiker View Post
Haven't been to the Los Gatos brewery, but have heard it's pretty good.

Did you know they just opened another location in San Jose? It's on Santa Clara, where AP Stumps used to be.

o snaps, i just saw that. ill check it out when i return home.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:40 PM  

San Jose, Ca
My fav brewery is in my garage. 4 beers on tap, and they're all my favorites
Old 11-22-2010, 03:44 PM  
Supporting Member

San Jose, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by erik View Post
My fav brewery is in my garage. 4 beers on tap, and they're all my favorites
HAHA, I was going to put that too. Are you also from the homebrewing forum? We should hook up and do a brew day!
Old 11-22-2010, 04:05 PM  

San Jose, CA
I too am an avid homebrewer and love having some of my favorites kegged in the garage. While it's not a brewery I am pretty excited about the yardhouse going in at Santana Row. I have been to the ones in socal and looking forward to having a local one.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:43 AM  

San Jose, Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemiker View Post
HAHA, I was going to put that too. Are you also from the homebrewing forum? We should hook up and do a brew day!
I'm on HBT and B3's forums, same username. My brewery is down for maintenance right now as I'm converting it to electric and very financially limited. A brew day would be great. IM me, and we can set something up.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:24 AM  

Bay Area, California
does anyone know what going on with the hofbrauhaus in valco mall?
Old 11-28-2010, 08:08 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipLash View Post
In heaven there is no beer. That's why we drink it here. In light of this revelation I do my fair share of beer tasting. Who am I kidding? Since I discovered the funnel I no longer drink beer. Ha ha. Here are some of my favorite breweries: (1) Rock Bottom Brewery (in the Pruneyard Shopping Center). Happy hour begins at 3 pm. Buy a jug (called a Growler) and take some beer home. (2) BJs Brewery has two locations. One is in Cupertino and the other is at the old West Gate Shopping Center. (3) Gordon Biersch located in downtown San Jose walking distance from San Jose State University. Has great food and beer of course. (4) Boulder Creek Brewery in Boulder Creek. A cool mountain town brewery tucked in the Santa Cruz Mtns. on Hwy. 9. They have a great lunch special - Cheese Buger and Fries. Get the garlic fries. They are to die for. There are many more but these are my favorites. Hope you get a chance to visit these great breweries. Enjoy live...eat out often.

Also, On Wednesdays, Rock bottom will refill growlers for $5 (does not have to be a Rock Bottom branded growler) and happy hour is all day (not a recommendation to spend all day there, but you don't have to rush to get there between 3 - 6 pm).

Not breweries, but good beer bars in Santa Cruz are: (a) Parish Publick House , and (b) the Red Restaurant and Bar.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Jose
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads