Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Jose
Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2010, 03:55 PM  

San Jose, CA
Places in San Jo that stock Pliny the Elder

So, seeing as we seem to have a few brewers on here I had to ask this - I have a bit of a hard time finding this stuff down in the South bay. my friends in SF seem to have no trouble. There's a Lunardi's near my house that gets the odd small batch but it sells out super quick. Anybody else know where to find it?

Old 12-04-2010, 03:03 AM  

Bay Area, California
sadly i have not been in the bay recently. but have you check whole foods or bevmo?

Old 12-05-2010, 05:32 PM  

San Diego, Californa
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFX View Post
sadly i have not been in the bay recently. but have you check whole foods or bevmo?
BevMo doesn't stock any Russian River. Not because they don't want to, but i was recently told that it's because they can't get enough RR to go to all the BevMo's. so instead of distributing to only a few they decided not to carry it at all.

whole foods on the other hand might just carry it. I've seen RR at the whole Foods down here.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:20 AM  

San Jose, CA
yeah I've never seen anything from RR at BevMo. I've heard Whole Foods carries it but I've never actually seen it in stock. I looked yesterday in the new one on Blossom hill and they didn't have any. I can get it from Lunardi's but only very occasionally. I was just wondering if there was anywhere smaller that has it that I hadn't heard of.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:27 AM  

Bay Area, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregR View Post
BevMo doesn't stock any Russian River. Not because they don't want to, but i was recently told that it's because they can't get enough RR to go to all the BevMo's. so instead of distributing to only a few they decided not to carry it at all.

i dont like that decision one bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButteryMuffins View Post
yeah I've never seen anything from RR at BevMo. I've heard Whole Foods carries it but I've never actually seen it in stock. I looked yesterday in the new one on Blossom hill and they didn't have any. I can get it from Lunardi's but only very occasionally. I was just wondering if there was anywhere smaller that has it that I hadn't heard of.
would it be possible to call RR or email and ask them to either give you the info on the distributor or where you can get PTE in san jose area?
Old 12-08-2010, 03:45 PM  

Even if a store carries it when available, you often will not find it. Most retailers simply can't keep it on the shelf. Check back often or find out when a new delivery is expected.

You can sometimes find it at Cosentinos at Bascom Union. I also hear Maplewood Liquours near the same intersection carries it.

Wine Affairs
near the Town Theatre has it on tap. They also have lots of other craft beer. Check out their beer menu on their site:
Old 12-09-2010, 11:47 AM  

San Jose, CA
awesome - bspisak, thank you. I'll try Cosentino's and I'll definitely check out Wine affairs

-A
Old 12-16-2010, 12:51 AM  

Redwood City, CA
K&L in Redwood City and you can get RR beers on tap at the Rose and Crown in Palo Alto.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:56 AM  

Bay Area, California
i just found out that my friend is the bartender at Wine Affairs!

also i talked to a friend that bought pliny recently. and he said that he gets it from whole foods (but as was said before, it really depends on if they have it in stock)
Old 12-28-2010, 08:18 PM  

San Jose, CA
I have seen Pliny at the Lunardi's on Brahnam and Meridian in South San Jose, but they typically do not have it. I have also seen it at the Whole Foods on Hamilton and Bascom in Campbell.

Pliny is so popular that while on vacation near Portland, OR, a local grocery store has a laminated paper near their beer section that just says "Pliny Status: IN OUT" and a velcro arrow normally points to OUT. It is the only sign of its kind at the store.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Jose
Bookmark this Page!