Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Jose
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2010, 10:14 AM  
Supporting Member

San Jose, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFX View Post
well things are looking good when i return to california. i have been looking into starting homebrewing upon thy return...acutally as i finish up my last semester then i will start

but good to know that there are some places to go in an talk to.

for a starter i have been doing my reading and have been wondering. what would you recommend me starting with? buying a HB kit or buying the pieces seperately?
It depends on how motivated you are. It seems to me like you could save money and have more flexibility if you pieced it together yourself, but it would take more effort upfront.

Since you have time, I would highly recommend buying a copy of Charlie Papazian's Joy of Homebrewing. He describes a variety of setups, and you can familiarize yourself with the process and terminology. Then you can decide if a kit will work for you, or you need to piece a setup together.

You're right - you walk into most homebrew shops and tell them you're starting out, they'll be able to help you get everything you need - even if you don't want to buy a kit.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:09 PM  

I have a full set up I am willing to let go cheap. PM me.

Old 12-24-2010, 09:26 AM  
Supporting Member

San Jose, CA
Does anyone have bottle caps that I could borrow? I only need like 20 and would obviously replace them, but I need them early this morning.

Thanks,
Travis
Old 12-27-2010, 08:05 AM  

Bay Area, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bconrad5150 View Post
I have a full set up I am willing to let go cheap. PM me.
ok sounds good, pm sent/

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Jose
Bookmark this Page!