Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2003, 12:02 PM  

1980 Atari Asteriods Arcade game

Okay gang, this is the real deal. Own a classic. This is a bargain for someone who wants it. It's an actual stand-up, coin operated Asteriods arcade game. The original. Plays great, sounds great, the whole thing looks really good. Comes with the repair & operators manual, along with electronic schematics guide.

I've posted it on Ebay and had a few offers, but the shipping killed the deal. It weighs about 300 lbs. Right now they are collectible between $500.00 and $3000.00 depending on condition. It's on my front porch and blocking my window, so I want it gone soon. Will consider all offers, and will deliver locally.

You want pictures, email me at kevin@monkeyanvil.com.

- MA

Old 07-25-2003, 10:04 AM  

that sounds freakin awesome. And if I were a little less in debt I would attempt to make an offer. It sounds like a perfect addition to any game room. Does it have a coin box and everything?
and Have you tried selling it to Jim over at Diversions?

Old 07-25-2003, 07:16 PM  

PArting with a gem.

It is a cool thing, even the old colored cardboard graphics behind the glass case are in good shape, and all over the sides the colored vinyl graphics are looking good against the flat black cabinent. It does have the coin mechanisms and the platform for the coin box, but no little box. I've just used a coffee can. Hey, great way to save moeny for stuff too. The cabinent access locks so you can have parties and not worry about the coins leaving. I used to have poker parties in Austin and we'd have a side tournament of Asteriods going, at the end of the night the winner took what was in the coin box!

I haven't approached Diversions. I figured they'd have access to stuff like this through their distributors and likely not willing to pay a decent price for it. I don't really want to see it put back into action at an arcade though, kinda like the idea of it remaining well-preserved at someones own home. Yet, whatever works out. Thanks for the suggestions too Jaed.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!