Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 06-06-2011, 01:50 PM  
Junior Member

Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 12 | Kudos: +10
Affordable children's activities/sports

I'm always looking for more fun things to do that don't break the bank, of course there is the river, but sometimes something more organized can be beneficial for our youngsters too!

As far as organized sports/activities there is a Katat-a-tots class at the West Haven Academy of Karate (WHAK-San Marcos) just off hwy 123. Their program is for 4 & 5 year olds and it's M/W/F 4-4:30pm for only $40 a month!!! The uniforms are extra but they aren't pricey either...

Let me know what you've found as positive and affordable children's activities!
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:09 PM  
What page are you on?
 
Britney's Avatar

in a van... down by the river, Texas
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 687 | Kudos: +34
Images: 1
Although, it isn't much.... I think it's cool that San Marcos has a skate park. If your kids are into that ;]
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:34 PM  
Senior Member
 
BCboy's Avatar

Shuswap, BC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 825 | Kudos: +30
Things I loved to play with as a kid.

pogo stick

bike riding

lawn darts

swimming at any pool or lake i could get to

playing baseball

football

soccer

hide & seek with neighbour kids

building a tree fort........for little kids build it low, say just 2 feet off the ground

fishing from shore or a dock
__________________
We do NOT need to raise taxes on the people. The government needs to spend less is the answer.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:42 PM  
Moderator Emeritus
 
Austin's Avatar

Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,990 | Kudos: +90
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCboy View Post
Things I loved to play with as a kid.

pogo stick

bike riding

lawn darts

swimming at any pool or lake i could get to

playing baseball

football

soccer

hide & seek with neighbour kids

building a tree fort........for little kids build it low, say just 2 feet off the ground

fishing from shore or a dock
Lawn Darts have been outlawed, I miss them though, I also had a knife throwing game with six sharp throwing knives.

My Daughter is learning to ride a bike, we have a blast. I can't wait.

The rest she's a little young for now, but all excellent suggestions.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:56 AM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 124 | Kudos: +12
If your kids like riding bicycles you could get them into BMX racing. I raced from ages 11 - 23 and it sure as hell kept me out of a lot of trouble. BCboy had a great list! Whatever you decide on, please keep your kids active and away from the television.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:08 AM  
What page are you on?
 
Britney's Avatar

in a van... down by the river, Texas
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 687 | Kudos: +34
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmorgan82 View Post
If your kids like riding bicycles you could get them into BMX racing. I raced from ages 11 - 23 and it sure as hell kept me out of a lot of trouble. BCboy had a great list! Whatever you decide on, please keep your kids active and away from the television.
AMEN!

When I was young, I never stayed inside. I had to be in trouble to be inside the house.

We had a pool, huge swing set, neighbor had a trampoline, roller bladed a lot, skate boarded tons (until I broke my ankle the last time), lizard hunting (green anoles), made a tree house, lawn darts were cool, rode my bike everywhere, played in the fields/near the bayous lookin for turtles, ....

I did tons of stuff as a kid most kids dont dare do today... odd.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:31 PM  
Junior Member

San macros, Tx
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1 | Kudos: +10
Is there anything for a three yr. O,d to join in San macros tx
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:45 AM  
Junior Member

Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
I'm always looking for more fun things to do that don't break the bank, of course there is the river, but sometimes something more organized can be beneficial for our youngsters too!

As far as organized sports/activities there is a Katat-a-tots class at the West Haven Academy of Karate (WHAK-San Marcos) just off hwy 123. Their program is for 4 & 5 year olds and it's M/W/F 4-4:30pm for only $40 a month!!! The uniforms are extra but they aren't pricey either...

Let me know what you've found as positive and affordable children's activities!
just check out the kids activities at the Boys & Girls Club of Central Texas and their charges.. you will be amazed!
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.