Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2011, 12:50 PM  

Affordable children's activities/sports

I'm always looking for more fun things to do that don't break the bank, of course there is the river, but sometimes something more organized can be beneficial for our youngsters too!

As far as organized sports/activities there is a Katat-a-tots class at the West Haven Academy of Karate (WHAK-San Marcos) just off hwy 123. Their program is for 4 & 5 year olds and it's M/W/F 4-4:30pm for only $40 a month!!! The uniforms are extra but they aren't pricey either...

Let me know what you've found as positive and affordable children's activities!

Old 06-06-2011, 01:09 PM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
Although, it isn't much.... I think it's cool that San Marcos has a skate park. If your kids are into that ;]

Old 06-06-2011, 04:34 PM  

Shuswap, BC
Things I loved to play with as a kid.

pogo stick

bike riding

lawn darts

swimming at any pool or lake i could get to

playing baseball

football

soccer

hide & seek with neighbour kids

building a tree fort........for little kids build it low, say just 2 feet off the ground

fishing from shore or a dock
Old 06-07-2011, 02:42 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCboy View Post
Things I loved to play with as a kid.

pogo stick

bike riding

lawn darts

swimming at any pool or lake i could get to

playing baseball

football

soccer

hide & seek with neighbour kids

building a tree fort........for little kids build it low, say just 2 feet off the ground

fishing from shore or a dock
Lawn Darts have been outlawed, I miss them though, I also had a knife throwing game with six sharp throwing knives.

My Daughter is learning to ride a bike, we have a blast. I can't wait.

The rest she's a little young for now, but all excellent suggestions.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:56 AM  

If your kids like riding bicycles you could get them into BMX racing. I raced from ages 11 - 23 and it sure as hell kept me out of a lot of trouble. BCboy had a great list! Whatever you decide on, please keep your kids active and away from the television.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:08 AM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmorgan82 View Post
If your kids like riding bicycles you could get them into BMX racing. I raced from ages 11 - 23 and it sure as hell kept me out of a lot of trouble. BCboy had a great list! Whatever you decide on, please keep your kids active and away from the television.
AMEN!

When I was young, I never stayed inside. I had to be in trouble to be inside the house.

We had a pool, huge swing set, neighbor had a trampoline, roller bladed a lot, skate boarded tons (until I broke my ankle the last time), lizard hunting (green anoles), made a tree house, lawn darts were cool, rode my bike everywhere, played in the fields/near the bayous lookin for turtles, ....

I did tons of stuff as a kid most kids dont dare do today... odd.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:31 PM  

San macros, Tx
Is there anything for a three yr. O,d to join in San macros tx
Old 10-30-2012, 01:45 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
I'm always looking for more fun things to do that don't break the bank, of course there is the river, but sometimes something more organized can be beneficial for our youngsters too!

As far as organized sports/activities there is a Katat-a-tots class at the West Haven Academy of Karate (WHAK-San Marcos) just off hwy 123. Their program is for 4 & 5 year olds and it's M/W/F 4-4:30pm for only $40 a month!!! The uniforms are extra but they aren't pricey either...

Let me know what you've found as positive and affordable children's activities!
just check out the kids activities at the Boys & Girls Club of Central Texas and their charges.. you will be amazed!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!