Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2007, 12:25 PM  

Another Steak House

How many steak house resturants does one town need??? Logan's, Montana Mikes, Outback, Texas Roadhouse, and now Saltgrass (Where Joe's Crab Shack used to be). Now I know that you are going to say, but there are a ton of mexican resturants. Yes, I agree with you, but they at least each taste a little different and most are local. These chain steak houses all taste the same and all serve overpriced steak, burgers, and dry chicken.

Old 09-28-2007, 04:47 PM  

saltgrass

I give Saltgrass a year before Landry's realizes that an overpriced underqualitied steakhouse across the street from campus is a money losing proposition. Joe's was overpriced, and of questionable quality, but at least they had a decent happy hour. Even then I don't think it was consistently full. Saltgrass is even more expensive than Joe's. I know the university charges a lot in rent for that space, but an economical burgers and beer joint there could make a mint. You are right across the street from over 30,000 potential customers. Students don't go out for steak 3 times a week. Something like the Crown and Anchor in Austin would be perfect there. Good beer, good burgers, good deck. That place should be packed every evening. But then this is San Marcos, and if there was a locally owned restaurant there, the service would suck, there'd only be about four mega-brews on tap (The Tap Room not withstanding), and it would get over run by jocks and sorority girls...

el jefe

Old 09-29-2007, 06:20 AM  

I agree fully. Beer, burgers and the best deck in town. Saltgrass won't last.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:44 AM  

I'd only add to that by saying at least you're not required to throw your peanut shells on the floor at Saltgrass. I'm thankful for Texas Red's, but then we get a Logan's (can't believe it's still around) and THEN Logan's South (Texas Roadhouse or whatever) -- WTF!?!?!?

I'll gladly hit Saltgrass up for a change and wait patiently for Logan's and Logan's S., to get the hell outta town.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!