Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-13-2007, 09:46 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher View Post
I guess this is the type of negative campaigning we can expect in the future for San Marcos. I hope I am wrong.
I hope you are wrong too. Those guys made so many wrong steps it would be laughable, except they really gave people who are in public service and politics a bad name in this town, that won't go away for a while.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:54 PM  

I think humor was more the purpose. Besides, I didn't put those words in his mouth; I didn't cut and chop it up to make him say anything he didn't. If you would like, contact me and I can show the video. The rest of his conversation with Chief Williams is just as bad if not worse. I hope Mr. Bose understands that this was no attack on him personally, his remarks are just offensive ?edited? or not.

All things aside, many students do feel like second class citizens. I understand that some of our actions have led to this, trust me it is embarrassing to hear your stories, but changes still need to be made. I would like to work or talk with anyone who is interested, especially former students and residents. I have a lot of ideas and I am open to any suggestions. Feel free to email or call me so we can talk in person.
cm1277@txstate.edu

Old 11-15-2007, 06:44 PM  

San Marcos
Many non-students feel like 2nd class citizens too.

What are the issues from the student standpoint?
Old 11-15-2007, 07:22 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by semi-native View Post
Many non-students feel like 2nd class citizens too.

What are the issues from the student standpoint?
bars staying open later? which we tried to do BTW but the students failed to help.

not being able to slum up the family neighborhoods?

less police interference into parties?

just a couple guesses.

i've been a student and am around students a lot. what i think is there aren't too many serious ones but instead you have a group of friends trying to make some to campaign on to get into public office because they are poli sci and public admin majors trying to make a career at the expense of a community.

chris jones was student and now works for tx state. what great works has jones proposed on his own for san marcos either for the college or non-college residents.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:31 PM  

San Marcos
Norton,

I understand your frustration, but I don't think we're ever going to find common ground with the students, if we talk about them infiltrating family neighborhoods.

I'd really like to hear a student's take on things. Maybe in return, they'll listen to ours. If not, no worries, it's like groundhog day and we get another try next year.

;-)
Old 11-15-2007, 07:51 PM  

once you increase the occupancy rules you will start to kill the family neighborhoods. slum lords will buy up the houses from the ederly passing on and sagewood problems will spread like it is. bishop is becoming a problem now as well. property values will decline.

some of the students here seem very blinded. they think the neighborhoods should not be protected because it's "bias". i don't think families ever cross their mind. they see san marcos as their playground not a place to raise children.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:52 PM  

San Marcos
Well, as a property owner with all of those concerns, which I have voiced here many times, I would still like to hear a student's take.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.