Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2005, 08:03 PM  

Anywhere .25-.50 cent pool?

Just moved here from Austin and I am looking for a good dive bar that has quarter tables instead of paying per hour.

Any places around here like that? All the ones I've checked out either have 1 table or they are per hour.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:57 PM  
A2

Triple Crown has a two quarter table. Only one table though, but it has good felt, and cool local players. Good Juke Box to boot

Old 12-13-2005, 01:40 PM  

Any other bars that have more than 2 quarter tables?
Old 12-13-2005, 02:30 PM  

San Marcos
If you drive out RR12, about 15 miles, there are two bars on the left. One is "Was Riley's" and one is the Devil's Backbone Tavern. Devil's backbone has a couple of tables and as I recall, they are 50 cents a game. That was eight years ago, when I worked there, but it's the kind of place where nothing ever changes, so the price is probably the same now.

I've only been to Riley's once, back when it still was Riley's. I didn't play pool, so I don't know what they charge.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:15 PM  

most of the per hour bars in town run a free pool happy hour. Dillinger's lets you play from 4.30-7 pm and all you have to do is buy a beer.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:53 PM  

Pool

The Den has free pool from 3-8pm everyday and sunday night is free. All you have to do is buy one drink.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:21 AM  

Cheatham Street has .75 table and i think they have 5 of them. the best part is they have $.99 pints 3-7 everyday.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:47 PM  
poolster

cheap pool

bum's has free pool everyday until 4 and free pool all day monday-- $1 drafts every day for students too

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!