Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-25-2004, 12:50 PM  

auto mechanic?

I'm looking for a reliable auto mechanic in San Marcos for some engine work - anyone had a positive experience and can help me out?
Old 02-26-2004, 12:10 PM  
A2

mr .02$

Well I don't know if their the best, but I get all my engine work done by Steve @ Tire Factory Outlet (On Guadalupe, just West of the bus/train station.)

Go in there and ask to talk to the manager ( Hector ).

Tell 'em where you heard about them and that Aaron from L.A. Landscape told you.
They'll at least give you a free estimate that you can compare to other places.
I also get all my tires (new and fix-a-flats) there.

A2

Old 02-26-2004, 03:39 PM  

thanks

Thanks for the referral -I appreciate it.

Anyone else had a good experience?
Old 03-02-2004, 11:22 AM  

bad mechanics?

Ok - only gotten one reply so far - does anyone have any horrible expereinces so that I can be sure to steer clear of them? I am checking with the BBB - but not everyone takes the time to file a complaint.
Thanks
Old 03-05-2004, 11:25 AM  

go to jackie's automotive

Never had engine work done, but i have had other work such as brakes,clutch and suspension. Theres been no problems.
Old 03-05-2004, 03:52 PM  

Try Franks and also Rudys
Old 03-05-2004, 03:53 PM  

If you pull the engine yourself than you can take it to San Marcos Auto Machine on staples road.
Old 03-22-2004, 12:38 PM  

Here's an update on the mechanic stuff - went to Franks first - they quoted me a price $300 over everyone else, and tried to convince me stuff was wrong that wasn't. Ended up going to A1 Starter and Alternator - they were terrific, cheap(er) and had a great record with the Better Buisness Burea. Hope this will help someone else out - Steer clear of Franks Automotive!
Old 03-22-2004, 12:52 PM  

Is Frank automotive the one by the bus stop right by the tracks. Um i believe the street is called guadalupe st.?

If so, yah that place is no good, they lost a very good mechanic that i know personally. Frank does not treat his employees w/ respect and hordes all the cash for himself.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:19 PM  

Yeah - they are on Guadalupe by the transit station - I think they also recently took over Trinity Automotive (which has a horrible record with the BBB) located on Wonderworld drive near Hunter Rd.

They are bad news! -

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads