Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-31-2004, 12:12 PM  

That's odd. I had a really good experience with them (Frank's) some weeks back on a brake job. I live quite aways from the place so they gave me a ride home and then back to pick the car up.

The only thing I didn't care for was debating with the mechanic as to whether I wanted what I wanted. I wanted OEM parts, for my own reasons, and they didn't understand why I didn't just go with aftermarket ones. It's not their job to understand it, it's their job to replace the broken parts with new ones, as per requested by me, the customer.

Aside from that it was fine.

Old 10-28-2005, 05:02 PM  

I took my truck to A-1 starter and alternator because I was having problems with my truck?s idling. After I pulled my truck into the shop the mechanic told me ?Its probably not that bad, I think its something electrical,? after he heard the sound it was making. The mechanic was suppose to call me after running diagnostics. Instead he took the liberty of replacing parts without my consent, strung me along for over a week without my truck, and after replacing the coil and crank sensor called to tell me that my truck had thrown a rod and I had oil in the water (which I checked the oil before taking it to the shop and it had NO oil in the water) and had been thrown since I drove it to their shop. He was right about one thing, I now had a blown engine with a thrown rod, a blown head gasket and my oil was very milky and he claimed that it was making that thrown rod sound when I pulled up ( a complete and unbelievable lie because he wouldn?t have suggested diagnostics, he would have said I had bigger problems). Which is a ridiculous because as soon as any experienced mechanic or even myself heard the sound its making now, it would be obvious that it had a thrown rod and it did not have a thrown rod before taking it to them. The bottom line is if you don?t want to go through this nightmare and avoid the incompetence, mismanagement, poor services, and shady attitudes DO NOT TAKE YOUR VEHICLE TO A-1 Starter and Alternator.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:34 AM  
A2

Call the Better Business Bureau soon........

Main Office
www.centraltx.bbb.org

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.