Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2006, 07:33 AM  

Bad Experience at Chili's - Torture By Restaurant

Historically, I love Chili's. Last night I took my three sons there. We won't go back again. It was like torture by restaurant. The place was like a meat locker it was so cold. My kids had to get all up inside their shirts just to stay there. The manager came over and asked them if they would like some hot chocolate because it was so cold inside. Of course they said yes. The waiter brought it and it was SO hot that it peeled a layer of skin off the roof of my seven year old's mouth. Are you kidding me? I mean I hate that McDonald's story as much as the next guy and I'm not going to sue anybody over this but let's get real! My gut reaction is to ask what they were thinking but the obvious answer is that they weren't thinking......at all. I'm pissed and will never go back.

Old 04-30-2006, 02:54 PM  

well....yeah

:lol: haha.....well yeah it's gonna be hot, it is Hot chocolate. They're not gonna make it less hot because it is for a kid. How about you drink some of it first before you let your kid drink it...just like you should with almost anything your kid drinks, depending on how young they are. Or at least put your fingertip in it, or something. Then you would've realized it would be too hot and let it sit for awhile, or put an ice cube in it. Or you could've just complained just about how cold it was in the place.

I don't think you should ask the chilli's staff what they were thinking.....but more like what were you thinking.

Old 05-01-2006, 07:17 PM  

We did complain. That's why the manager came over and offered the hot chocolate. Believe it or not, I'm not a moron and in fact have done pretty well in life and in raising my kids.......so far.

The drink had a top on it with a straw and my son grabbed it in an instant. I'm a single dad raising three, all under ten. We were all there at the table. Do you know what that's like or are you a 20 something waiter at Chili's? What is it that you do, parenting wise? If you want to continue this discussion you can email me at scojo49@hotmail.com. Otherwise go find another hornets nest to kick.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:35 PM  

People bitching that hot chocolate is hot, wow, what's going to happen next. Next thing we know, we're going to get a report that knives are sharp, and can actually cut people.

Grats, you're a single parent. That doesn't necessarily mean that others are going to make your job easier on account of that.

Seriously, get a grip. The restaurant did nothing wrong.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:54 PM  
dku

If the climate was so uncomfortable why not just leave?
Old 05-04-2006, 07:30 PM  

In hindsight, we should have left. The catch at the time was we asked them to do something about it and they said they would. We asked again and they said they would. Get the picture?
Old 05-04-2006, 07:35 PM  
dku

I need a drawing or some visual aid to get the picture.

Kidding aside I understand.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!