Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-05-2006, 04:55 PM  
CT

Best Pizza in San Marcos

What does everyone think is the best pizza here? I would have to say D'Blazios. Theres just something about it that separates it from the rest. Sunny's pizza is also pretty good as well.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:06 AM  

I love Chicago style deep dish pizza. Does anyone know where some real good Chicago style pizza can be found here in town? Thanks.

Old 02-07-2006, 11:33 AM  
A2

No deep dish that I know of Cotton...

and I think, but not positive, that DeBlazios is the best pie in town. A little heavy on the seasoning sometimes, but great crust, plenty of toppings, and quick delivery..
Old 02-07-2006, 05:51 PM  

I would say it's a toss-up between D'Blazios and Valentinos, however, D'Blazios does use fresh garlic and basil and you gotta love that.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:26 PM  

I guess I'm a slave to corporate america but dominoes has the best pizzas for the best price, and they market to bobcats.

www.bobcatpizza.com
Old 05-04-2006, 06:56 PM  
dku

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureshock
I guess I'm a slave to corporate america but dominoes has the best pizzas for the best price, and they market to bobcats.

www.bobcatpizza.com
I must buy from there since they market to Bobcats! I enjoy sucking up marketing tactics.

I have yet to try D'B's but thus far Valentino's is the best I've had.

I just ate at Craig O's out near Starbucks and had their calzone. Really good! Didn't try a pie though but I'm sure it's damn good since that calzone was good. Not that pricey either.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:43 PM  

Local Pie

I think the best local pizza places are Sunny's, D'Blazio's, and Valentino's... in no particular order.
We order Sunny's alot because they also have so much other food - subs, pasta, fried everything, and a darned good pizza. Plenty of toppings. It's on the way home for me - so I never have had it delivered.
D'Blazio is one of the freshest pizza's I have ever tasted - great ingredients, and some really tasty pepperoni rolls.
Valentino's rocks my world (on wheat crust). Bacon pizza is one of my favorites. I like the lunch buffet - cheap and usually you can request toppings and have your custom pizza on the buffet in just a few minutes.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:47 AM  

Italian Garden has good, cheap pizza. The Deep dish is really good. All the ingredients are fresh.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:05 AM  

Does Sunny's still use mostly frozen ingredients? I lived on that side of town several years ago when they first opened the kitchen, and everything they sold you could buy off the Schwann's man pretty much. Felt like I was just paying them to heat up it... It wasn't terrible, but it was nowhere near as good as the other places.

Personally, I like to switch it up as a large pizza is usually a couple meals for me, its easy to get tired of the style. I don't think there's any in town that I don't order from semi-regularly, and I enjoy them all. My favs would have to be D'Blazzios, Valentinos, and Pizza Classics though.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:34 AM  

San Marcos
I miss Emilio's Leaning Tower of Pizza and their leaning tower special.

At least, I'm 95% sure that's what their name was.

Now, I like Italian Garden and Craig O's. Valentino's is nice for a change of pace sometimes.

I had D'Blazio's once and something was really bad. I can't remember if it was the food or the delivery time. Something happened to keep me from ordering from them again, though. I guess since I can't remember, I ought to try them again and see if it is any better. Whatever "it" was.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.