Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-10-2007, 08:00 AM  

San Marcos
We went back again. It was good this time. The sauce is pretty typical for the northeast and maybe Chicago. The toppings were good and fairly plentiful (although *not* as plentiful as some of the better places up north, where the toppings can be an inch thick).

What was interesting was that we had some artwork on our pizza box, drawn by hand by an employee. We also had some on the box for the first pizza. We wondered if the person doing the artwork on the boxes, whether s/he is the manager, a cook, owner, whatever, is the difference between a good pie and a bad one. Maybe there is someone there who is heavily invested in making things work well and when that person is not working, things fall apart.

It wouldn't be the first time I've seen that.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:22 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by semi-native View Post
Maybe there is someone there who is heavily invested in making things work well and when that person is not working, things fall apart.

It wouldn't be the first time I've seen that.
I think you may be onto something there. The owner seemed very passionate about his bistro, but as can be expected, the hired help rarely shares the same passion.

I found my menu that they gave me (small delivery-style), and I forgot about the manifesto printed on the front. It's pretty cool, if its all true. Here's some highlights:

Quote:
We support Buy Local - Eat Local and when possible, purchase organic and sustainable from family farmers.

We strive to use recycled, biodegradable and compostable disposables that contain ZERO petroleum.

A percentage of our profits are donated to San Marcos community organizations working for social change in hunger relief, education, and the arts.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:05 AM  

DBlazios is the best we have found. Valentino's has a great pizza - if you can get them to actually deliver it before it gets cold and soggy. We were loyal to Valentino's for a while but after the 3rd pizza showed up at the door late and cold we had to make the switch. (really, we only live about 4 or 5 blocks from the place...) DBlazio's also has great calzones. And the basil and garlic....
Old 08-06-2007, 05:24 PM  
A2

Well said fatthundercat,

I can judge pizza's quality by how it taste after being in the fridge, or on the counter over night.

d'Blazzios is the best.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:39 PM  

Italian Garden and D'Blazios

It is a toss up. Italian Garden has some good pizza too. D'Blazios you sure do get what ya ordered for your money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT View Post
What does everyone think is the best pizza here? I would have to say D'Blazios. Theres just something about it that separates it from the rest. Sunny's pizza is also pretty good as well.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:23 AM  
A2

D'blazios won a blind test taste they did on Campus over the weekend.

It was a pizza pie toss off and they beat all the pizza places in town including the national chains.

D'Blazios...........Killer pies
Old 09-08-2007, 11:37 AM  

we showed up at 11:06 on a saturday and they weren't open. the manager was just walking in, as we pulled up. don't know when they open because there was no sign, but after reading all these posts we won't bother trying to go back.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:07 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by melavern View Post
we showed up at 11:06 on a saturday and they weren't open. the manager was just walking in, as we pulled up. don't know when they open because there was no sign, but after reading all these posts we won't bother trying to go back.
Which establishment are you talking about? We've discussed quite a few pizza places in this thread.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:52 AM  

I still lean toward D'blazzios, but that new Zen place is good too. Plus they sell slices and aren't in the middle of nowhere.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:16 AM  

Best Pizza and Zen's review

I would have to say that Craig-O's or Italian Garden is the best. Valentino's is good also.

Sunny's was good, then Mohammad sold it and it started sucking, then I think he bought it back. I'm not sure, but they used to have good Chicago style pies.

D'Blazios is always hit or miss depending on how stoned those guys happen to be (just kidding, but maybe so). I've had great pizza from there and terrible, burnt crust, half-assed pies also.

Zen's is the new joint. They sell pizza by the slice or pie. A couple of weeks ago me and the guys I work with decided to go there for lunch. Here's the short of it:

First, they need to turn on their a.c. It was hot as hell in there and really uncomfortable.

Second, they have furniture that simply does not fit. We kept having to move to let people by, which is a pain when your trying to be "Zen" on your lunch hour. The tables are too large and they need to get smaller ones.

Third, where's the freaking pizza? It was lunchtime (12:10 or so) and they had two pies to get slices from, and out of half the things on the menu.

Fourth, they had no order to the way you get your food. Place your order, then hawk around them until you see it come out, then you have to basically ask for it. Retarded.

Lastly, I will say the pizza was okay. Nothing amazing, but decent.

By the way, my girlfriend and I decided to give them a second chance one night and order delivery from them. They were out of the two things we wanted.

Nice first impression.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.