Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2007, 03:22 AM  

Blue Goat Gourmet

GOD I miss those scones... the owners are nice too. I wish they had wireless internet, but I guess I can always mooch of the Sanctuary Bust. I'm going to have to drive down there again sometime (I graduated and moved back to Austin) and partake of the bakery.

Also their chocolate must be made from scratch because I can only eat like one brownie before I'm full.

Damn I sound like a commercial... But they ARE good.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:04 PM  

are they are a restaurant? I always thought it was just a bakery but do they serve breakfast or lunch?

Old 10-10-2007, 01:52 PM  

Omg it is the best

Do they serve breakfest or lunch?!? DO THEY SERVE BREAKFEST OF LUNCH?!?!? It is the best. I love their roasted garlic and bree plate. So many days that is exactly what I want in lunch. The husband and wife (Jaimie) who own it are awesome. For sure stop in some time.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:41 AM  

Blue goat

Wife tells me they have breakfast. But I think that means pastries (to me breakfast must contain eggs or meat). As for lunch - OUTSTANDING. They have incredible sandwiches, decent French bread pizzas, fresh fruits and tasty cheeses. Oh, and of course, they also have their incredible brownies, tarts, scones... If you do not know this place, you simply must stop by and acquaint yourself.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:46 PM  

had lunch there for the first time last week. got a turkey, avacado sandwich that was damn good!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:15 PM  

Got a chance to finally check out the Blue Goat Gourmet yesterday. I was really impressed. I just wish there was more parking!
Old 08-23-2008, 10:07 AM  

The Best Next Thing

I moved back to town recently and was very upset that Rivendell had closed down. I stumbled upon Blue Goat and was amazed. Better food, a more extensive menu and that magnificient chocolate. Okay, my name is Marilee, and I'm a chocoholic. I know chocolate, I love chocolate, I dream about chocolate. I realized pretty quickly that with Blue Goat Gourmet in my home town I had no chance of ever getting that monkey off my back. So, I did what any self respecting girl would do and bought a bicycle. If you see a fat girl on a bike headed toward Blue Goat, get the hell out of my way, I'm on a mission from God, I'll run your ass over.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:12 PM  

Big Fat Greek Recommendation

I'll take that as a very strong recommendation. And thanks for the warning. I knew your dad back in the 70's and I recognized you in the little HEB last week. You are not anywhere near fat, sweetheart.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:04 PM  

Chocolate Tart

Not Yet !!!
Old 08-26-2008, 03:05 PM  

chocoholics anonymous

A friend of chocolate is a friend of mine. I'll have to try blue goat soon. I drive by it all the time, even lived in that house back in the late 70s. I wonder if they were able to get rid of the smell of burnt rope.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!