Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2008, 05:56 PM  

[QUOTE=flapjak;6272]

I thought dave newman was single?

?If you can't convince them, confuse them.?
Old 09-22-2008, 06:56 PM  

Apparently he is single and a father. Do you see a problem with that Immis?

Old 09-23-2008, 06:47 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher View Post
Apparently he is single and a father. Do you see a problem with that Immis?

Uh No... I simply asked the question. No need to get your panties all bunched up. I had heard he was single , so I asked the question. Now do you have a problem with that swisher?

Old 09-23-2008, 09:07 AM  

No I don't have a problem with that aspect of his life. It is not a reason IMO to not vote for someone. Just that 40 days before an election, showing a picture of him and his child, and asking if he was single...you must admit is an interesting question. I take your word Immis that you were just curious and apologize if this offended you. I however am still not sure if I am voting for him.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:14 PM  

Quote:
No I don't have a problem with that aspect of his life. It is not a reason IMO to not vote for someone. Just that 40 days before an election, showing a picture of him and his child, and asking if he was single...you must admit is an interesting question. I take your word Immis that you were just curious and apologize if this offended you. I however am still not sure if I am voting for him.
Thats cool swisher. I originally didnt post the picture. I "quoted" flapjak on page 2 of this thread. No worries , I can see how that was mistaken.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:51 PM  

I like Newman's big signs. Concerned about.....? Pretty unique. Would like to know his positions on the concerns listed on them. What does the mayors sign mean by Higher Purpose? Anybody know for sure? Is this a religious reference?
Old 09-27-2008, 09:17 AM  

Rebranding the city is overated. Every city is doing the same thing.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:53 AM  

Quote:
I like Newman's big signs. Concerned about.....? Pretty unique. Would like to know his positions on the concerns listed on them.
Just spray paint in what ever you want. Between the 10% budget cuts, overreliance on sales tax comment, the we have a stencile for your issue signs, and the failure to put "for" in the new signs, the whole Newman campaign is looking pretty amatuer hour. Mayor is pretty serious business, and I'd like the mayor to know a little about how cities run in Texas.

If you told me in January I'd be supporting the Mayor, Chris Jones and Connelly, I'd told you to quit huffing paint. Craziest election I've ever seen.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:02 PM  

San Marcos
I don't know.

I think we do rely too heavily on sales tax and the mayor bragging about bringing low-wage jobs to San Marcos is offensive.

Still, I'm not swayed to vote for Newman yet and I've just about written off Jones's opponent. Maybe if she answered my questions here, she could change my mind. As it stands, I'm inclined to believe she is the one talking to herself in the pot threads.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:16 PM  

Sales Tax is supposed to be the primary source of revenue for Texas cities. That's the way the legislature has set them up. The whole point in allowing cities to levy sales tax was to reduce the cities dependence on property taxes. Saying cities are too reliant on sales tax is like saying animals are too dependent on Oxygen

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!