Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-11-2008, 04:49 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by semi-native View Post
I don't know.

I think we do rely too heavily on sales tax and the mayor bragging about bringing low-wage jobs to San Marcos is offensive.

Still, I'm not swayed to vote for Newman yet and I've just about written off Jones's opponent. Maybe if she answered my questions here, she could change my mind. As it stands, I'm inclined to believe she is the one talking to herself in the pot threads.
semi-truck, you appear to be highly hardwired I Q wise & i intuit you are spiritually advanced but at this present space/time you unlike our beloved K-Nine pets that know better than to evacuate in their own backyard...you appear not to have a problem with your own diatribe.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:52 PM  

It's Getting Crowded In Here

Quote:
As it stands, I'm inclined to believe she is the one talking to herself in the pot threads.
Damn, just when I thought I had all my personalities cornered you add another one.

As far as posts go maybe there aren't a lot of people adding content, but there seems to be a lot of interest in the "pot threads" based on hits. That's your second reference to someone talking to themselves and pot. (I'm sure Marilee would make some connection there.) Philby started "When Hippies Ruled the Earth" at the request of numerous students as did I with "Re-Legalization" and "Jury Nullification".

Let's see if I can add me up:
blanket
spud
pythonlee
marilee
toerontoe
philby
Edward
jeepster
LMC
Did I leave anyone out?
Let me know if you find any more parts of me logging on from a static cable modem, semi.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:25 AM  

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/local...288111012.html

The outlet malls still seems to be a good investment.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:58 AM  

San Marcos
I didn't say it was a bad investment. Maybe someone else did.

I said that I'd like to see some diversification and some careers.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:43 AM  

I agree with diversification. And that post wasn't aimed at you just there has been some bad mouthing of the outlet mals on this site. All that sales tax revenue that out of towners give us, is money that isn't raised from us.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:12 AM  

San Marcos
Ah.

I love the Outlet Mall. I love the tax revenue and the tourist draw, although we need to do a better job of getting people from the Outlet Mall to the rest of the city.

I do object to people citing jobs at the Outlet Mall as evidence of a strong economy in San Marcos, though. I've seen that more than a few times, including an entire story devoted to the strength of our economy on another site, which linked to all kinds of job listings for the Outlet Mall.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:18 AM  

Quote:
Ah.

I love the Outlet Mall. I love the tax revenue and the tourist draw, although we need to do a better job of getting people from the Outlet Mall to the rest of the city.

I do object to people citing jobs at the Outlet Mall as evidence of a strong economy in San Marcos, though. I've seen that more than a few times, including an entire story devoted to the strength of our economy on another site, which linked to all kinds of job listings for the Outlet Mall.
On this we agree 100%

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads