Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 10-14-2008, 10:23 PM  
Junior Member

Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 18 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by semi-native View Post
Uh, yeah, I've been to Belfast, Maine many, many, many, many times.

As usual, it is impossible to determine what you are trying to say with your post anyway. Perhaps you are saying that Belfast is better than San Marcos? That San Marcos does not have anything to draw jobs to town?

Interesting.

Why don't you give us all the straight dope about how MBNA ended up with such a strong presence in a number of small Maine towns?
"INTERESTING"...recall semi you are the one that squeezed the blue bird of happiness throat with your comment that M's relocation was spawned by its CEO being treated humanly?
Anyone intrested visit your favorite browser and hit Belfast Maine and you will see for your self and know that (forgive me) semi has an agenda and it does not include San Marcos.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:29 PM  
Senior Member

San Marcos
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 486 | Kudos: +1
Again, it is nearly impossible to figure out what you are trying to say.

Why don't you just tell us how MBNA became the #7 employer in Maine and, while you're at it, please do expose my "agenda?"

We're all on the edge of our seats.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:50 PM  
Junior Member

Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 18 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by semi-native View Post
Again, it is nearly impossible to figure out what you are trying to say.

Why don't you just tell us how MBNA became the #7 employer in Maine and, while you're at it, please do expose my "agenda?"

We're all on the edge of our seats.
Semi-native, I truly have enjoyed our discourses. I intuit that your passion for your community will be well served. In fact I feel blessed that there are souls like yourself that take the time to raise their head above the herd and be brave enough to be heard. THANKS AGAIN (PS it would be an honor to extrapolate our current $ global situation on this board).
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:51 PM  
Senior Member

San Marcos
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 486 | Kudos: +1
Waiting. I see that you're still here. What is the hold up? If it is such a simple matter as Googling Belfast, Maine, or for that matter, asking your "friends that live there," why is it so difficult to answer one question?
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:55 PM  
Senior Member

San Marcos
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 486 | Kudos: +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by real jupiter View Post
Semi-native, I truly have enjoyed our discourses. I intuit that your passion for your community will be well served. In fact I feel blessed that there are souls like yourself that take the time to raise their head above the herd and be brave enough to be heard. THANKS AGAIN (PS it would be an honor to extrapolate our current $ global situation on this board).
I give up. Now it sounds like you have reversed course and no longer believe I have an agenda, (an agenda that does not include San Marcos, as you said).

Here are some blurbs on MBNA and Belfast. I'm sure I have a Down East issue that tells the whole story, or some other local (to Maine) publication.

Sadly, it is late and this will have to suffice to clear my name.

Quote:
BELFAST, Maine -- Nearly a decade ago, with little advance notice, credit-card company MBNA Corp. dropped thousands of jobs into this one-stoplight city then poured millions of dollars into local schools and nonprofits -- all because, according to local legend, a friendly resident lent money to the man who one day would be MBNA's chief executive when his car broke down.
http://www.boston.com/business/artic...nd_its_future/

Quote:
According to legend, a friendly local once lent money to a man when his car broke down. That man was Charles Cawley, who rose to prominence at MBNA. In the early 1990s, under then-president Cawley's leadership, MBNA expanded in and around Belfast.
http://www.boston.com/business/artic..._call_centers/

I showed mine. Last call to show yours.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:05 PM  
Junior Member

Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 18 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by semi-native View Post
I give up. Now it sounds like you have reversed course and no longer believe I have an agenda, (an agenda that does not include San Marcos, as you said).

Here are some blurbs on MBNA and Belfast. I'm sure I have a Down East issue that tells the whole story, or some other local (to Maine) publication.

Sadly, it is late and this will have to suffice to clear my name.



http://www.boston.com/business/artic...nd_its_future/



http://www.boston.com/business/artic..._call_centers/

I showed mine. Last call to show yours.
Before we can expidite this line of thought I insist on some ground rules, do you agree?
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:09 PM  
LMC
Member

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 38 | Kudos: +10
Live Chat Debate

Greetings 78666.com,

I propose the first live chat debate for San Marcos.
If Mr. Jones is open to the suggestion.

Best Wishes, Lisa Marie Coppoletta

Some news updates:
Check out the podcasts

Jones
http://newstreamz.com/?p=3919&akst_action=share-this

Coppoletta
http://newstreamz.com/?p=3923&akst_action=share-this
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:15 PM  
Senior Member

San Marcos
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 486 | Kudos: +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by real jupiter View Post
Before we can expidite this line of thought I insist on some ground rules, do you agree?
Ground rules? I have no idea what you are getting at. Feel free to PM me, if you are more comfortable with that. I'm going to bed comfortable that Wonder World is every bit as interesting as Perry's Nut House and there is no reason we should not be able to attract careers to San Marcos.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:16 PM  
Junior Member

Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 18 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by semi-native View Post
I give up. Now it sounds like you have reversed course and no longer believe I have an agenda, (an agenda that does not include San Marcos, as you said).

Here are some blurbs on MBNA and Belfast. I'm sure I have a Down East issue that tells the whole story, or some other local (to Maine) publication.

Sadly, it is late and this will have to suffice to clear my name.

semi, once again I admire you for your presence at the fore front because in my heart of hearts I know that you truly care about humanity.

http://www.boston.com/business/artic...nd_its_future/



http://www.boston.com/business/artic..._call_centers/

I showed mine. Last call to show yours.
Semi, I'm too tired to listen to municiple and yet VITAL disinformation when the economic world is buring like ROME!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:18 PM  
Senior Member

San Marcos
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 486 | Kudos: +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by real jupiter View Post
Semi, I'm too tired to listen to municiple and yet VITAL disinformation when the economic world is buring like ROME!
Okay then.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.