Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2010, 08:28 PM  

san marcos, texas
Classic Cuts butchered my son's hair.

I took my 2 year old son to get a hair cut at Classic Cuts on Aquarena.
He's been there before and we get a different person every time.
They have an airplane chair that makes kids happy and they give him a balloon when he's done, which is all very sweet and nice.
However, I think they must keep costs down by hiring people with very little experience. Because they did such a terrible job the past two times, I will not be bringing him back there.(I know I should have learned the first time.)

When my husband came home from work and saw his son's hair, he got out his clippers and gave him a buzz. So the hair cut was money down the drain.

Just a warning- don't take your kids to Classic Cuts just because they have an airplane chair (they don't sit still in it anyway).

Old 09-09-2010, 08:32 PM  

Do they at least carry multiple bowls for use as templates?

Old 09-09-2010, 08:38 PM  

san marcos, texas
At least a bowl cut would of been even. She blamed an uneven spot on his callac, even though he's been to a barber that cut it perfect. Should've paid the money and went back to him.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:05 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I grew up going to barber shops, and have found that the chain places can't get it right. I shave my head now for utilitarian reasons. Why mess with hair if I don't have to?
My barber retired 2 years ago, He used to be at Allendale barber shop, a guy named Sherman, great guy. When he stopped, I stopped. I'll live the rest of my life shaving my head cause I don't trust anyone else to get it right.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:15 PM  

Boston, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I grew up going to barber shops, and have found that the chain places can't get it right. I shave my head now for utilitarian reasons. Why mess with hair if I don't have to?
My barber retired 2 years ago, He used to be at Allendale barber shop, a guy named Sherman, great guy. When he stopped, I stopped. I'll live the rest of my life shaving my head cause I don't trust anyone else to get it right.
wow that's dedication lol
Old 09-10-2010, 01:44 PM  

san marcos, texas
Classic Cuts actually is a local business, but they model it after the chain hairdressers.

I'm very dedicated to my hairdresser. He has been doing my hair since I was in middle school. So thats well over ten years now, he watched me grow up, graduate, get married, have a kid, etc.
I even drive an hour to see him. I don't trust anyone else to touch my hair. I strayed from him once and very much regretted it.

Once you find one with talent, its good to stick with them.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:54 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
wow that's dedication lol
You say dedication, I say laziness, and vanity. I don't want to give some one money to mess my hair up. So cheapness too.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:47 AM  

Rockwall
Yah, I wouldn't go there. My friend went there for a reasonably priced trim and they cut her hair on a diagonal.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:30 AM  

New Braunfels, TX
Addie~ Did you say anything to the hairdresser or someone there responsible for complaints? IMO, there is absolutely nothing wrong for telling someone their work isn't good! I have run into a situation like that before; and politely spoke my mind and then they offered to correct it to straighten it up. But at that point if they couldn't do it right the first time~no way I'm I going to put my daughter through having more cut off!! And I'm not paying for something I have to have someone else fix.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!