Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2011, 08:54 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Dance Classes San Macros Texas

I have a little girl that wants to dance.

Where do you take your kids for dance lessons?

Old 04-17-2011, 10:05 AM  

There aren't many options here.... other than Central Texas Ballet on the square (formally The Pointe.) Unfortunately it's no longer fun for kids... different owner. We go to Dance Unlimited in Buda now.

Old 04-20-2011, 02:16 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
What makes it not fun?
Old 06-06-2011, 10:48 AM  

I have to disagree. My two daughters both attend CTBC (formerly the pointe) and they both really enjoy their ballet and look forward to it weekly! There were many changes that came along with the new ownership and all have seemed quite professional. I would have to say they keep the the pre-primary and kinderdance programs fun and active for the little ones while at the same time preparing them for conservatory level dancing if they so wish to continue to pursue dance. The downfall is the tuition, it's pricey for our family although it's comparable with most other dance programs out there. If you want a recommendation of some cost effective extra curricular programs for young people I can help you there, but that is a whole 'nother thread

HTH

If your daughter wants to check out the upcoming spring performance I would highly recommend you attend on the 17th of this month at the Kyle Performing Arts Center. That would give you and your daughter and idea of what might be in store for dance before making such a significant investment.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:17 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
I have to disagree. My two daughters both attend CTBC (formerly the pointe) and they both really enjoy their ballet and look forward to it weekly! There were many changes that came along with the new ownership and all have seemed quite professional. I would have to say they keep the the pre-primary and kinderdance programs fun and active for the little ones while at the same time preparing them for conservatory level dancing if they so wish to continue to pursue dance. The downfall is the tuition, it's pricey for our family although it's comparable with most other dance programs out there. If you want a recommendation of some cost effective extra curricular programs for young people I can help you there, but that is a whole 'nother thread

HTH

If your daughter wants to check out the upcoming spring performance I would highly recommend you attend on the 17th of this month at the Kyle Performing Arts Center. That would give you and your daughter and idea of what might be in store for dance before making such a significant investment.
I would love to see more about in another thread. I've been looking for anything to do here.

I'm going to have to find something soon, she's dancing, and karate chopping, and generally taking an interest in everything.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!