Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

View Poll Results: What would help Sewell Park at Aquarena Springs Dr.?
Cross walks lots of them. 0 0%
Slow speed limit to 25 b/c of high amount jaywalkers. 1 25.00%
Build an overwalk from Sewell Park to Sewell Park. 1 25.00%
Build an underwalk"only when water low" crossing under bridge. 1 25.00%
Who cares I don't like "River Rats" anyway!!!!!!!!!!! 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2004, 06:48 PM  

Death race to cross the street holding a float tube and kid!

Sewell Park!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My window looks out to the river/Crab Shack in the East and Sewell Park to the South. Every hot and sunny summer day I see the races from Sewell to Store or Sewell to the Waterfall and wonder when I am going to see something that should never happen. I hope most are tracking with me here on how bad it could happen. Please, any ideas to fix this big problem would greatly help I have called News 8 Austin about this and want to go the City with a good plan to fix this problem any help would be great.

AgtMulder

Old 07-22-2004, 09:18 PM  

history...

I've been here a long time, and I can't think of a single auto-pedestrian accident here. I've often thought that the amount of bikini clad ladies tanning in the grass was dangerous, but as long as I can remember it, the people have raced across the street ... mostly it looks like a death race because they're barefooted, and that road gets HOT!!! I don't forsee the City of San Marcos doing anything drastic any time soon, especially sinte it isn't really a point of frequent accidents. I'll check with my dad (he's with EMS) and see if I'm wrong about it, but I don't think it's ever really been a problem, more like it's just the way of life on the River...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!