Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2007, 08:56 AM  

Does Every Vote Count.....

For the Right Person?.....
This really angered me, and it should anger you as well...

Im sorry but there is not excuse for this crap !

?If you can't convince them, confuse them.?
Old 11-21-2007, 05:42 PM  

Which part the stupid Republican bills or House Members helping each other out mostly on local bills that don't affect their district but still require a record vote, during prime constituent visiting hours?

Old 11-26-2007, 12:14 AM  

At first glance it angered me as well, but I'm sure there's another side of the story that they're not going to show because it's not good news.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:14 AM  

The only thing that I could think of that would validate their process would be that those politicians left some sort of note saying, "Hey, I'll be out of the office, so could you vote this way for me on this issues: xxxx".

But from what I saw, these politicians were just pushing legislation through. And the bite about how they have all these amendments and what not to go through... Are they not the ones that are creating these amendments? That just sounds bass-ackwards to me. Think I'll pop in Office Space just so I can laugh at the whole process...
"Well, what would you say? you do here?"
"...I have people skills!! I am good at dealing with people!!! Can't you understand that?!?..."
Old 11-26-2007, 10:15 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
The only thing that I could think of that would validate their process would be that those politicians left some sort of note saying, "Hey, I'll be out of the office, so could you vote this way for me on this issues: xxxx".
Believe it not most of those reps are voting for members on the floor. If you pay attention to the clip a lot of the reps casting the votes are looking around generally voting for a member who is near by holding up fingers to tell the person voting for them how to vote for them. Hell, my boss is in the back talking to a reporter and is raising her hand to let someone know how to vote her. Usually during the day there are one or two groups of constituents, who want to see the Rep during session and when that happens believe it or not Vader they often leave cheat sheets for their desk mates so their constituents are not left unrepresented while they are talking to their
Rep.

The stupidest part of that story is that all the reporters know better. Especially Ron Olivera, whose cousin is State Representative Rene Olivera, and gives the lead into that story.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:06 PM  

Sooooo next election Im not going to able to vote so can someone please vote for me. I'll tell you what to vote on !!

Sorry guys.... its the same thing, no matter how you look at it

Old 11-27-2007, 05:23 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immis View Post
Sooooo next election Im not going to able to vote so can someone please vote for me. I'll tell you what to vote on !!

Sorry guys.... its the same thing, no matter how you look at it
If that is what the legislature does, that gets your panties in a wad, you really aren't paying attention.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:59 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brete View Post
Believe it not most of those reps are voting for members on the floor. If you pay attention to the clip a lot of the reps casting the votes are looking around generally voting for a member who is near by holding up fingers to tell the person voting for them how to vote for them. Hell, my boss is in the back talking to a reporter and is raising her hand to let someone know how to vote her. Usually during the day there are one or two groups of constituents, who want to see the Rep during session and when that happens believe it or not Vader they often leave cheat sheets for their desk mates so their constituents are not left unrepresented while they are talking to their
Rep.

The stupidest part of that story is that all the reporters know better. Especially Ron Olivera, whose cousin is State Representative Rene Olivera, and gives the lead into that story.
Alright, thanks for the heads up. Being a media student, you'd think I'd pick up on things better, but I still get duped. I'm not sure when that story ran, but it was posted on YouTube on May 18th. I'm assuming that it was posted shortly after it aired, and May is sweeps month (Feb, May, July, Nov) so this 'controversial' story makes sense. Run it to get ratings and therefore increase ad revenue. I tried watching it again, but I lost interest with all the fastforwarding rewinding. Oh, and Olivera probably has no hand in what stories run and which don't.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:35 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brete View Post
Believe it not most of those reps are voting for members on the floor. If you pay attention to the clip a lot of the reps casting the votes are looking around generally voting for a member who is near by holding up fingers to tell the person voting for them how to vote for them.
Come on brete, isnt that what I said in my last post. My point is, in order for your vote to be counted , each rep must vote on their own. At their own desk. They get paid enough money and earn enough benefits from the state that at least they should be able to do just that. Not trying to get into a pissing match with you, its just thats how I see it.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!