Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-15-2009, 02:04 PM  

Election? We're having one right?

Haven't seen much coverage on the election in less than a month and nothing here either. What's up?

Old 10-29-2009, 11:25 AM  

San Marcos
I don't know. I'm kind of thankful that it has been so quiet. The contentious elections can be kind of stressful, to say the least.

I already voted, so I don't have to read anything anymore. There are really only three options for Pam Couch's spot. Setting aside what we think we know about the candidates, either we will get another Narvaiz "yes man," someone more in line with Bose/Thomaides, or a lone voice in the wilderness.

We've lived with the "yes man" for this long, so another one wouldn't be any worse. Just no better. A lone voice in the wilderness would be one less automatic Narvaiz vote, so that would be an improvement of sorts. Someone more in line with Bose/Thomaides would be ideal (to me).

Unfortunately, I am not confident that I know how any of the three will vote once they are in office. Fortunately, I don't see any of them being any worse than Pam.

The other campaign concerns me more, but I think Thomaides has a lot of momentum. When I have spoken to his opponents, they have basically said that they would do the same things he would, only more effectively. At least on the issues I care enough to ask about. I don't know how that would be the case, unless they are better able to drum up support from the other council members.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.