Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2007, 08:53 PM  

favorite swimming spots

where are your favorite swimming spots here in central texas?

it's far but krause springs is a beautiful swimming spot we take the kids to often. also pedernales falls state park is usually clean clear water and small crowd.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:20 AM  

Traitors, the best swimming spot runs down the middle of town. Can hit it any day the temp is around 80 or over. Looks like a good swimming weekend.

I've known former roomates that will drive 200 miles out of their way for a quick dip and Herberts.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:09 PM  

San Marcos
I agree. My favorite from days gone by is at the falls by Cape Rd, but it has been awhile since I jumped over there. The last time I went, it looked like the rope swings were all gone.

There was also a spot on the side of the road, upstream from 5-mile dam, where you could jump in off a cliff about 25' high or so, assuming there was enough water below. I remember going out there once in the early 90s and looking over the edge to check the water levels, only to see a submerged van.

Needless to say there was no jumping that day. I can't remember if I ever went back after that. The van may still be there.

Another spot that is now off limits was down in Wimberley, on the right side of the road, just as you cross the river. There's a little road/driveway there. It's closed off now, with some sort of private property signage.

The horseshoe in Canyon Lake is great too.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:39 PM  
A2

My favorite spots are the ones that no one knows about.

Is the horseshoe also known as Party Cove ? W/ the cliffs on the south side ?........luvit

( Cough Cough ) Lil' Arkansas ( Cough Cough )
Old 11-09-2007, 08:49 PM  

San Marcos
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2 View Post
Is the horseshoe also known as Party Cove ? W/ the cliffs on the south side ?

The horseshoe is on 306, at 2673. You get in across the street from Jak's, to your left (west) as you look across the street. You float for a couple of hours and end up back where you started, except to the right of Jak's (still across the street).

Then, you get out, walk 500 yards and get back in and do it again. Sure beats studying, as I recall.

Check Yahoo maps (or similar) for Canyon Lake, TX and scroll over to where 2673 hits 306 and you'll see it right away.

Little Arkansas definitely brings back memories.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!