Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2011, 12:26 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
^ smart, very smart.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:14 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Anyone else ever get tired of the Phrat floating radios that blare obnoxious music?
I like a pretty wide variety of music, so the music never got on my nerves immediately. Hearing the same variety being played constantly did.

What did annoy me was the volume. Although I will give credit, that some of the radio set ups I saw that were made into coolers were pretty cool. But do you really need to be pushing a subwoofer just to listen to a little music??

Old 02-21-2011, 10:40 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
There's some very cool systems out there, my issue is with volume, and if you get stuck floating a few feet from them, you are going to be listening to that for a while.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:43 PM  

Canyon Lake, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
There's some very cool systems out there, my issue is with volume, and if you get stuck floating a few feet from them, you are going to be listening to that for a while.
That's why you kayak...get around a$$holes and you dip a paddle. Having lived in the area for 20 years and having worked on the Guadalupe for 8, I cherish those weekday floats when you (and maybe a few locals) have the river to yourself.

You couldn't PAY me to get out there on a crowded weekend. Sun, water, and too much booze tend to bring out the d!ck in people and I just don't feel like messing with them.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:19 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
We agree there, some what, I think a kayak would take away from the purpose of lazily drifting, but I'm sure it's fun. I have a buddy getting kayak soon, I'm going to try it out.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:16 PM  
Jeeping Austin Weird.

Buda., Texas
I love when its just like 5 of your close friends floatin and nobody else. go tuesday and wednesday when everyones at work or school.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:04 AM  

I don't think I've ever craved the Texas summer heat as much as I do now that I'm living in SM. Especially now with a private access to the river. Yay for not sharing your river space with obnoxious frat boys!

On the other hand though, I cant deny that I love the feeling of community you get floating down the river in a crowd.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:22 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
It is nice to be friends with strangers.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:31 PM  

Hey anyone out there know a guy that kayaks on the SM river with a small collie looking dog on Sat mornings? I took a pic of him and his dog on the water and it came out awesome ! I would really like to share it with him.. His kayak is mostly yellow with a red bottom and his dog is bown and white.

?If you can't convince them, confuse them.?
Old 04-13-2011, 12:16 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
You should post the pic, it will make it easier to identify him.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!