Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2005, 09:57 PM  

FULL MOON RACING / Demolition Derby at Thunder Hill Raceway

Demolition derby

Saturday july 23, 2005

Thunder hill raceway

$1,000 To win

$500 - 2nd

$250 - 3rd

$50 Entry Fee

Rules are posted on Thunder Hill

Raceway website:

www.thunderhillraceway.com

Demolition Derby will follow

regular races featuring:

*A-Line Auto Parts Street Stocks

*THR Hobby Stocks

*Grand Stocks

*Mini-Cups

Grandstand gates open 5:30 p.m.

Racing begins at 7:00 p.m.

IH 35 Exit 210 Kyle, TX (512) 262-1352

Old 07-23-2005, 11:04 AM  

Full MOON RACING

If you haven't been to a race during a full moon you are missing a treat if you like fast cars and an abundance of wrecks this should be the night for you, From what I have seen it they have alot more wrecks during full moon racing nights. Sounds like we are going to have several more cars for the demo derby this time around also.The track is located in Kyle at exit 210 yarrington rd stay on the service rd north bound. past the stop sign and the track is on your right. Hope you make it out.

Old 07-25-2005, 08:55 PM  

Lets see a 4000 lb demo derby car airbore... a care drives under another car and crushes its roof.. and not to mention 3rd place turning into a fireball... not sure but think it was about covered last night... that was just during the derby!!!!
Old 07-26-2005, 06:30 AM  
A2

Waltrip,
Man after that last post by "Guest", I gotta see one of these. Please keep us posted on the next event.

Thanks a million,
A2
Old 07-30-2005, 12:03 PM  

Hello A2, I think they are going to try for one more demo this season. I will keep the forum group posted. Thanks for the interest. Jeff
Old 07-31-2005, 11:18 AM  

demo

got one more scheduled for sept.10th
Old 08-03-2005, 08:40 PM  

changed the date of the demo derby to Aug. 13 th come out and enjoy
Old 08-04-2005, 06:54 AM  
A2

I'll be there.

Will it start at 7 like the last one?
Old 08-06-2005, 10:32 AM  

yes the races start at 7 but derby will be around 9
Old 08-15-2005, 07:13 AM  
A2

Loaded up the wife and went to the races on Sat. .... it was a blast. I've gone to a million NHRA drags back home in Michigan, but had never been to a round/oval track before. We sat about 6' from the track, and you could really feel the action.

The Go-carts where my favorite race. Four wide through the turns? It was insane, and how they where yelling and joking with each other as they fought for position. It was great and I hope they come down again.

There was alot of crashes, spinouts, and a nice oil fire.

Prob. the highlight for me was one of the last races. The one where the girl won. Well she was in second place for half the race, and the guy infont of her kept really ****in' with her. LIke he would hit the brakes, before he gunned it comin' out of the corners. Out of nowhere, his car starts smokin', it got really bad and they gave him the black flag ( which means he's got three laps to get off the track or quit smokin') He either didn't see it, or didn't care. 'Cause he kept on going, the third lap he started to really slow down, but he went around for a fourth, and wouldn't let the girl pass. So she spun him out coming out of turn 3. It was a fine peice of driving on her part. The dude was SOOOO pissed, he threw a little hissy fit in the in-feild, pointing his finger at the girl when she came back around, and yelling at anyone that came near him...LOL

There was no dest. derby 'cause only two cars showed-up. But we didn't care.

Hey waltrip crew....are there any of those private boxes available for races, or I should say how to you get one of those?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!