Yes, Education, I actually forgot to include that. (not sure how to internalize that one) Anyway, I agree it should have been listed, thanks for the suggestion.
"BAF! BAM! KAPOW!" - Batman and Robin
05-12-2004, 03:42 PM
Posts: n/a | Kudos: +
I guess it would have to be less pollution but greener energy choices goes with that. Oh by the way if you buy a green car hybrid electric whatever ,there is a tax exemption on your yearly taxes. maybe some tax person out there has more info. sam
Hybrid vehicle credits are phasing out, CLEAR Act attempts to improve them
In May 2002, the IRS declared gasoline/electric hybrids eligible for tax deductions as "clean fuel" vehicles under the Energy Policy Act of 1992 (PL 103-486). The current deduction ceiling is $2,000, but the tax deduction is set to end in 2006, with $500 less available each year as the deduction is phased out.
On the flipside if you buy big and trash the environment you can deduct close to 20,000 off a new escalade.
In 2003, lawmakers expanded the tax deduction to a whopping $100,000 as part of the $350 million tax cut package. Yet Congress did not change the weight-based classification of the vehicles, creating a huge benefit for the largest, least efficient vehicles. With the current top business tax rate at 35 percent, this incentive program effectively cuts $18,900 off the price of a $54,000 Escalade.
Its pathetic to think that bush even cares about our environment or the welfare of america.
My biggest concerns for the future are as follows...
1. Getting a concrete skatepark built,,,,not prefab.
2. Healthcare, but I try not to think about it.
3. Those idiots at the olympic outdoor center, parkin' cars on the river, and stringing up their junk across it.
4. Makin' my truck payments.
5. Sellin' my house and gettin' the hell outa town.
6. Hopin' that the dude from San Marcos, represents us well on Monster Garage.
7. Gettin' run over my a soriety bitch who is late for her bikini wax.
8. Gettin' run over by a frat rat who is late for his bikini wax.
9. Lookin' like an idiot on a message board that no one reads. lol
10. Peace in the middle east..lol