Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 10-31-2007, 05:21 PM  

Gaylord Bose

I am gladly signing my name... Unlike people who are anonymously posting criticism -- some legitimate, some not -- of my friend, Jude Prather.

I found this article about Gaylord Bose's management of the Kyle Correctional Facility interesting. I respect Mr. Bose but I offer this for consideration of open-minded voters. By the way, the Hays County Free Press writer, Jen Buindo, won a Texas Press Association award for her reporting on this story.

I'm asking Mr. Bose to release a copy of the audit report.

Brad Rollins

Kyle prison counselors allege contract violations
http://www.haysfreepress.com/article...news/news2.txt

Kyle prison undergoing audit
http://www.haysfreepress.com/article...news/news1.txt

Old 10-31-2007, 06:06 PM  

Quote:
I am gladly signing my name... Unlike people who are anonymously posting criticism -- some legitimate, some not -- of my friend, Jude Prather.

I found this article about Gaylord Bose's management of the Kyle Correctional Facility interesting. I respect Mr. Bose but I offer this for consideration of open-minded voters. By the way, the Hays County Free Press writer, Jen Buindo, won a Texas Press Association award for her reporting on this story.

I'm asking Mr. Bose to release a copy of the audit report.

Brad Rollins

Kyle prison counselors allege contract violations
http://www.haysfreepress.com/article...news/news2.txt

Kyle prison undergoing audit
http://www.haysfreepress.com/article...news/news1.txt
weren't you a reporter for the san marcos record and this story happened in 2005. if you "found is so interesting" why didn't you find the outcome of the audit? maybe because the audit did not favor your agenda?

Old 10-31-2007, 06:19 PM  

I did not know about it at the time, Mr./Ms. Norton.

The audit was being conducted in 2005 but I do not believe it was completed until some time later. In any case, I do not have a copy but have submitted a Public Information Request to the CDJC to get it. They have 10 business days to respond. If Mr. Bose has a copy of the audit, surely he can release it and answer for certain what it contains. Brad Rollins
Old 10-31-2007, 07:47 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdescript View Post
I did not know about it at the time, Mr./Ms. Norton.

The audit was being conducted in 2005 but I do not believe it was completed until some time later. In any case, I do not have a copy but have submitted a Public Information Request to the CDJC to get it. They have 10 business days to respond. If Mr. Bose has a copy of the audit, surely he can release it and answer for certain what it contains. Brad Rollins
i think your doing a horrible misservice to jude prather by coming on here and posting some story from three years ago where you vaguely imply mr. bose was responsible for commiting fraud. it does not leave you with a good feeling about the prather campaign's tactics.

why not do your homework first and then if there is anything to report bad then report it? it would show the prather campaign has a little more class. you state you were a political reporter for the san marcos record but this is the first you have heard of this story? sounds really fishy and implys that the record hires people who fail to report news to the san marcos public.

can't wait to hear the results from what you find out. i will expect to see it soon. i bet it will blow our minds! :biggrin:
Old 10-31-2007, 07:50 PM  

i find this tactic "very interesting".

Quote:
Prather said Thursday evening that he has no intention of protesting if he should lose. However, The Prather campaign sent out an email to media Thursday claming that "dozens and dozens of students" were turned away from the polls at Texas State's LBJ Student Center Tuesday by poll workers .... Prather's email said the number came to "at least 100."
source http://www.hayshighway.com/newsblog.html
Old 10-31-2007, 07:52 PM  

Norton: Here's the full text of the article you cite...

October 25, 2007 22:09 - Prather protest?

By Bill Peterson
We don't know how the San Marcos City Council election between incumbent Gaylord Bose and challenger Jude Prather will turn out, but we can guess that if Bose wins the vote, Prather could claim grounds for protesting the election.

Prather said Thursday evening that he has no intention of protesting if he should lose. However, his campaign sent out an email to media Thursday claming that "dozens and dozens of students" were turned away from the polls at Texas State's LBJ Student Center Tuesday by poll workers demanding more identification than the law requires. Prather's email said the number came to "at least 100."

Hays County Elections Administrator Joyce Cowan couldn't be reached for comment Thursday evening. Quoting Prather's email, "Elections Administrator Joyce Cowan has promised the problems will be fixed but this doesn't help the voters who were denied one of their most basic rights."

Election law requires that a voter produce either a voter registration card or a state-issued identification card. Prather indicated that poll workers could be confused if students registered to vote in San Marcos and showed drivers licenses with their parents’ home addresses from other towns.

The email also claims poll workers used an apparently outdated map to say many voters didn't live within the San Marcos city limits.

Prather said by phone Thursday night that Cowan addressed the situation right away Tuesday and that he hasn't heard of any similar events since then. Prather said his main concern is simply to get people voting, since so few people in San Marcos bother with it.

"It's unfortunate that this would happen on campus," Prather said Thursday night. "... You just have to let people know about these things. A lot of times, as the campaign gets down to the end, things get more and more hectic."

Prather, 25, is bidding to become the second Texas State student elected to the San Marcos City Council in the last three years. Chris Jones won election in Nov. 2005 as a Texas State student. He has since graduated.

The Place 2 seat between Prather and Bose is one of two up for election on Nov. 6. In Place 1, incumbent Betsy Robertson is up for re-election against challenger Kim Porterfield. Early voting began Monday.

http://www.hayshighway.com/2007104w.html#e177
Old 10-31-2007, 07:55 PM  

Norton: Of course I did not "vaguely imply" that Mr. Bose committed fraud. I said clearly that the state audited whether fraud occurred on his watch at the prison. I guess I understand if you'd rather this not have come out, but I think it's fair to bring up. I will let you know when I get the audit.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:09 PM  

San Marcos
It sounds to me that you are implying fraud as well. It would be more responsible to report the findings of the audit. Your message creates a presumption of guilt.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:43 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdescript View Post
Norton: Of course I did not "vaguely imply" that Mr. Bose committed fraud. I said clearly that the state audited whether fraud occurred on his watch at the prison. I guess I understand if you'd rather this not have come out, but I think it's fair to bring up. I will let you know when I get the audit.

brad rollins
i don't know mr. bose or mr. prather but to be honest i'm glad you posted it because it makes me feel better about my vote. it shows a lack of smarts and maturity on the prather campaign to me. it also does not say much as your credentials as a news reporter since you never reported the story to the public despite it being almost three years old. especially since you claim you were the political news reporter. are you trying to say san marcos record hires news reporters that fail to do their basic job of reporting news to the public? if this story is so big as you signed up to post it seems the newspaper should have been on the audit report already if it contained wrong doing.

a smart campaign would only post in public something once they found proof of wrong doing. you are absolutely trying to imply wrong doing from the context of your message and posting this before getting the audit.

again i can't wait for the results.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:09 PM  

As I say, it could be weeks before I can pry loose the document. The decision is ongoing. I appreciate your criticism, Norton, and will use it to grow and improve. And as I say, Mr. Bose can lay this to rest by releasing the audit immediately. I also find your newfound interest in "presumption of innocence" fun considering earlier posts, among other things, about supposed illegally placed signs.

I appreciate your position but I think you probably already felt pretty good about your vote beforehand. This dialogue is for those who sincerely have questions about deciding the right candidate and deserve to know all the known facts about all the candidates. I'm just trying to offer a different view. Sorry to disrupt the groupthink. Brad Rollins

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!