Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-03-2007, 08:45 AM  

San Marcos
Quote:
Originally Posted by notdescript View Post
Hey I could tell you what I'd do all day long. Jude is his own person and I'm not comfortable trying to talk specifics on his behalf about such a sensitive issue. All I can say is that he would love to talk to you about it. An idea: Why don't you record your conversation with Jude and post it here? That way you can ask what you want to ask and build your blogger's glory at the same time. Brad
Earlier, on more than one occasion, you said

Quote:
Like I said, I'm here to answer what I can and get questions I can't answer to Jude.
I'm not building my blogger's glory, whatever that means, but I am interested in seeing this site grow and I think it is a great forum. You came here, claiming that you were going to answer some questions and get Jude to answer others. Yet, you keep dodging this one and keep fussing about this forum, that you chose to join.

Or, are you not really joining this online community, but simply hijacking it briefly for your own ends?

It is becoming increasingly clear that you and the other recent additions in the pro-Jude camp are all tied to the campaign. That's fine, I guess, but it would be nice if there were more positive answers and less nonsense about stolen signs or "lies" about Sagewood.

I was at the Council meeting, as was Jude, when the Sagewood issue was most recently raised and the landlord licensing was brought up and again, when the "task force" (which was only meant to look into landlord licensing and other solutions, to find something that will work for everyone - I guess that is a bad idea, huh?) was announced. None of this has been a secret.

I don't know what Bose said at the debate. I don't know what Jude's two meltdowns were about, either.

Who cares? Answer the question here.

What do you do about Sagewood?

Old 11-03-2007, 09:35 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
why not get him to come on here in a public forum to discuss his ideas and solutions? it seems the majority of people here think the guy is a joke for getting his political posse to show up instead of showing class and addressing some of the basic questions regarding solutions people have asked.
Why can't the same thing be said about Mr. Bose? To this point I've personally not seen anything written here from Mr. Bose defending (or even creating) any ideas to repair the city's problems? You make it seem as if Mr. Prather is a joke because there are people defending him yet there is a solid Bose posse doing the EXACT same thing. You're starting to sound a bit like a hypocrite......

Old 11-03-2007, 01:35 PM  

I dont know how its become increasingly clear that I'm tied to the Jude Prather camp when I said form the start who I was and what my interest is. The only fussing I remember doing is that the lady or gentleman that said Jude only has support East of 35 because he has a "hispanic girlfriend."
Old 11-03-2007, 02:42 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EqualVoice View Post
Why can't the same thing be said about Mr. Bose? To this point I've personally not seen anything written here from Mr. Bose defending (or even creating) any ideas to repair the city's problems? You make it seem as if Mr. Prather is a joke because there are people defending him yet there is a solid Bose posse doing the EXACT same thing. You're starting to sound a bit like a hypocrite......
i wish someone from the bose camp would come on here and address the allegations, why not invite them if you know any of them? whereas all of you work for jude prather to my knowledge no one here works for mr. bose.

can only speak for myself but i'm a permanent resident, business owner and father who wants to see the best for san marcos and do not feel in the slighest that jude prather has any of my interest in mind. jude seems like he's just trying to pad a resume as the cost of the residents of san marcos.

i mean how are we supposed to take the guy serious when his campaign has been flooded with cash from local and non-local realtors, property managers and developers?
Old 11-03-2007, 03:10 PM  

Norton, Why do you keep referencing Jude's finance report and have not posted it as you said you would? Is it because you know there is a grand total of TWO out of town donations (and one is his parents). I hope the city survives the onslaught.

Perhaps you do not post Mr. Bose's reports because you know they show that (1) Mr. Bose accepts developer money too rendering your argument specious and (2) Mr. Bose somehow FAILED TO ACCOUNT FOR MORE THAN $1,000 when he submitted his latest report to the city clerk. He had to file a sworn affidavit to make the report accurate. (And yes, Norton, those documents ARE coming here.)

I'm amused that you claim to believe in the freeflow of information but then fail to provide the resources you promised so people can make their own decisions. Brad Rollins
Old 11-03-2007, 04:02 PM  

San Marcos
Nobody here has represented themselves as being part of the Bose campaign, or I would be asking them the same thing. I'm not a hypocrite, it's just that there are several Prather people here. There are no Bose people that I know of.

If there are, I'd like to hear his position on all of the same issues.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:05 PM  

I'd say some posters are Bose people as much as we are Prather people. NO ONE on the Prather campaign is paid at all except through food while you're on the job, our venerable tradition. We are all volunteers. Some of the people here are "working for" Bose by definition of "working" and "for" although, as I say, some of the people who support him would serve him best by not mentioning that fact to people who have not yet voted. Gaylord Bose is a better person than many of his friends on here. And you can quote me saying that (but I doubt you will). Brad Rollins
Old 11-03-2007, 04:12 PM  

San Marcos
Nobody has identified themselves as part of the Bose campaign, that I saw anyway. I know that I do not have any relationship with any of the candidates and have no real means to get any of them here.

If someone else does, yeah, it would be great to get my questions answered by anyone, including Robertson and Porterfield.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:23 PM  

Just got a copy of the Kyle Unit Audit. It's a dry read. The only problems found were the need for better documentation, which the Gateway Program proposed changes. TDCJ approved the planned course of action and found the changes satisfactory after implementation. Not one mention of misuse of state funds. But I bet Fraud Rollins already knew that.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:02 PM  

brete post it as a front page news story i would like to see it and i'm sure others would as well.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.