Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2007, 07:22 PM  

Gordo's What's going on there????

Would there be interest in turning Gordo's back into a movie theater / bar kind of in the mold of the Alamo Draft House? It seems like the property is underused and there would be an audience for new indie flicks, classic screwball comedies and hard boiled film noir, foreign films, schlocky horror, blaxploitation flicks, concert flicks like Gimme Shelter and Decline of Western Civilization, etc. etc. etc. There's gotta be a hunger for a place to see a good flick while kicking back with a cold beer! Any thoughts?

Old 08-21-2007, 03:18 PM  

Outdoor Movies???

I've actually been tossing around the idea to do outdoor movies on the lawn on Sunday Nights after the Summer Music Series is over?
If the City allows me we could do a "movie night".
Anyone?

Old 09-09-2007, 03:30 PM  

I think it's a great idea. I just wonder if San Marcos could support something like that. You'd have to do it right. So many places in this town are done half-assed. That's why service sucks so often. I love local businesses, but when the chains have the best service in town there's something wrong.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!