Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2007, 02:00 PM  

San Marcos
Granzin's Meat Market

I know it's not local, but it's not a big-box store, either.

With the holidays coming up, Granzin's Market is high on my list of stops. If there is someplace closer that is as good, please post away. Until then, It's Granzin's for me.

I recommend anyone who has not been, go check it out. I remember, when I was a starving college student, the best gift I ever got was a fully-stocked refrigerator. So, all you like-minded young-uns, grab mom and dad and take a drive down to New Braunfels and get them to hook you up.

I'll probably be loading up on about $300 worth of awesome steaks to fill my freezer today. Plus some of their bacon, fajitas, franks, ribs...

Mmmmm. Meat is good.

What little room is left is reserved for a stack of pies from Wimberley Pie Company.

I can feel myself getting fat just thinking about it.

Old 11-19-2007, 02:28 PM  

Good eatin'

There is no-place as good as Granzin's in New Braunfels (Northbound I-35 between Walnut and Seguin Ave at 1644 McQueeny) . There are two other meat markets in the area to visit. One is Bon-Ton's meat market in Kyle (Hwy 21 at FM 2720). The other is Hughson Meat company right here in San Marcos at 407 S. Guadalupe. They used to be wholesale, but have been doing retail sales for a little while now. Here is their on-line site: http://www.hughson-meat.com/retail.html
They also do deer processing.

Old 11-19-2007, 04:08 PM  

What time is dinner?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!