Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2007, 04:11 PM  

This is really is just curiosity. Can you give us some examples of what happened when people were turned away that legally should have been allowed to vote. The circumstances, what ID they did or didn't have, possible suggestions on changes to the current Election Code or ways to better educate voters on what they have to do to vote? Really just asking questions, not screwing with anyone.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:23 PM  
A2

I wondered the same thing.....I bet it is similar to this scenerio...

Out of state kid trys to buy beer with out of state liscense. Seller of said beer will not sell to them because they don't have a current Texas DL. Kid gets frustrated.

Happend to me for the first 2 years I lived here. I didn't want to change my drivers liscense cause my Car Insurance would raise my rate if I moved out of state. I'm sure everyone has their own reason for not wanting to change thier DL, esp. if they just here going to school.

Everyone who lives in town has the right to vote, correct ?

Plan and simple; They need more polling places THROUGHOUT the city. Be it on campus or in churches, or in the outlet mall. But then again why would the local government spend it's hard earn money on polling places ? That would mean some young kid with off beat ideas may get elected. THe suits would never stand for that.

(Insert tounge in cheek)..............here

Old 11-15-2007, 07:11 PM  

Seems to me that if they really wanted to vote and were actually turned away then all they had to do is go get the necessary documents and go back to the polls and vote. Sounds pretty simple to me

?If you can't convince them, confuse them.?
Old 11-15-2007, 07:35 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immis View Post
Seems to me that if they really wanted to vote and were actually turned away then all they had to do is go get the necessary documents and go back to the polls and vote. Sounds pretty simple to me
i can't wait to see what he turns over to the media.

i think it's complete bs which is why no one stepped forward. he has to go out and seek people to say they were wronged. he could go find joe q. public who didn't vote to pretend he was turned away.

this all sounds seems like it was all concocted to both have a leg to stand on to contest the election and secure early voting at tx state campus longer.

if he truely felt wronged and voters were turned away illegally why not continue with a legal battle. instead he issues some lame duck excuse.

Jude Prather and his pals; Brad Rollins, Sam McCabe and Mathew Golding ran probably the dirtiest campaign I have ever witnessed in san marcos. All of a sudden they want us to believe they have class and will concede without a fight yet people were illegally turned away?

i don’t buy it for a second. either his convictions to stand up for those who voted for him aren't very strong or he ran out of money paying for all those daily lunches. campaigning makes one hungry!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 08:12 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post

Jude Prather and his pals; Brad Rollins, Sam McCabe and Mathew Golding ran probably the dirtiest campaign I have ever witnessed in san marcos

Somehow I have to agree with this statement

Old 11-15-2007, 08:15 PM  

Another thing I really dont understand about this voteing procedure is why is it that people that actually live in San Marcos but "outside" the city limits but OWN a bussiness in town and pay city taxes CANT vote in a city election? Where people that come to town for 2-4 years CAN vote in a city election and also go back to their hometown and vote there as well ! Now how the hell is this fair?

Old 11-15-2007, 08:21 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
i can't wait to see what he turns over to the media.

i think it's complete bs which is why no one stepped forward. he has to go out and seek people to say they were wronged. he could go find joe q. public who didn't vote to pretend he was turned away.

this all sounds seems like it was all concocted to both have a leg to stand on to contest the election and secure early voting at tx state campus longer.

if he truely felt wronged and voters were turned away illegally why not continue with a legal battle. instead he issues some lame duck excuse.

Jude Prather and his pals; Brad Rollins, Sam McCabe and Mathew Golding ran probably the dirtiest campaign I have ever witnessed in san marcos. All of a sudden they want us to believe they have class and will concede without a fight yet people were illegally turned away?

i don’t buy it for a second. either his convictions to stand up for those who voted for him aren't very strong or he ran out of money paying for all those daily lunches. campaigning makes one hungry!!!
It is not b.s. as you will soon find out, if you are opened to facts that contradict your conclusions. If you believe it was the dirtiest campaign in San Marcos history, you are lying or have not been around long. What was different about this one is that we hit back after Jude was slandered every which way by the whispering campaign of what I call the Internet Pygmies. (Not you semi-native, eljefe and other posters who seemed to genuinely seek information over the tribal chanting).

I am very sorry that you are a very bitter, authoritarian person, Norton, who cowers behind the anonymity of the Web to spread rumors and generally engage in absurd hysterics. It's all the more sad because I suspect you claim to be a liberal. And, immis, you are a creepy, pathetic person both on here and in real life. The best thing about the election being over is that I can tell you two and your ilk to go to hell and to kiss my ass en route because one cliche is not enough to express how little I care about your petty tyranny. As they say, you can quote me on that. Brad Rollins

P.S. And all you bastards can continue to contact my boss in an attempt to have me fired. I have seen your bare ugliness this election and I do not care what consequences I might incur in fighting you every way I can think of from here on out.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:33 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdescript View Post
And, immis, you are a creepy, pathetic person both on here and in real life. Brad Rollins
Boy, You dont know me, and have NEVER met me ! But when you do I will show you creepy and pathetic by holding a mirror to your face. Go get your little group, throw a party and cry in your beer buddy. Ya'll lost ! So get over it !! Dont wait around for something stupid to happen in your life like happened to KM before moving away !
Like my signature says.... I Never Give Them Hell..... I Just Tell The Truth And They Think Its Hell !

Old 11-15-2007, 08:36 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdescript View Post
The best thing about the election being over is that I can tell you two and your ilk to go to hell and to kiss my ass en route. Brad Rollins

Bwaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaa !! Showing your age buddy, showing your age! All I can do is laugh !!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Old 11-15-2007, 08:39 PM  

Maturity, immis? At least I don't rely on emoticons as a replacement for having something solid to say or hijack a quote from a former president to express some vaguely noble sentiment. Creepy. Pathetic.

Closed Thread

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads