Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2007, 04:30 PM  

That's the guy, A-2. He's in the mayor's back pocket, which means the developers own him.

He also has been illegally placing signs on state property, I really want a council member who is more concerned with self promotion than the law.

Old 10-20-2007, 06:57 PM  
A2

them there's fightin' words

Old 10-20-2007, 08:44 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brete View Post
That's the guy, A-2. He's in the mayor's back pocket, which means the developers own him.

He also has been illegally placing signs on state property, I really want a council member who is more concerned with self promotion than the law.
i wondered that myself ..... i've seen some of his signs in some pretty obscure places I wondered how he got permission.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:32 AM  

According to the State AGs office you can't.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:28 PM  

i wonder if any action is being taken against him for it?

i don't like his goals listed on his website. guy seems like such a developers tool.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:56 PM  

He got real heated at the debate over someones random question. anyone at the debate witness that? was really bad.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:14 PM  

I didn't witness the debate where that happened, but I did see the one tonight where (apparently) the same person asked a question about the occupancy code and Jude had to lose it about her older quesiton. His behavior during the debate was disappointing and showed his immaturity. (Although, it did look like they were talking things out after the debate.) None of the candidates were great. I wish both of the women weren't running for the same seat, since they both seemed better than either Prather or Bose.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:37 AM  

San Marcos
I haven't been able to catch any of the debates, because I was out of town. I believe the league of women voters debate will be re-broadcast a few times.

I heard the University Star endorsed Bose, but I haven't seen the article. If Prather is running as a student and was shot down by the University Star, I wonder what he has to offer at all. I would be very interested to see the article and the debate.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:38 PM  

I don't think he has much to offer at all. His biggest accomplishment is being involved with the name change of the school. woo hoo. I think he's immature and talks in the same condescending manner as our president. It was unprofessional how he blew his top at the debate last night. I don't have any better feel of what his stances on the issue are. Porterfield and Robertson were the only ones who could form semi-coherent sentences, and they are running against each other...
Old 10-24-2007, 04:36 PM  

he's got nothing to offer. he's just another puppet for the mayor. anyone read the san marcos record where the mayor said there is a problem with some members of council so nothing gets done? what a load of bs. jones, couch, and guerrero alwasy vote with her from all i've seen and read.

i can't wait till next year's election against our lame duck mayor Susan Narvaiz . i can't believe she got to run unopposed last year.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!