Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2007, 08:47 AM  

Kittens

Does anyone know where to get kittens? I got my last kitten at the pound and they made me fix her and I don't want to do that again. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to over populate, but we just want one litter and then get them fixed. We didn't get that option with my other cat. They told me I had to fix her. So anyways, let me know if anyone has kittens to give away, I'll take one.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:32 AM  

San Marcos
Instead of getting a cat and then having a litter and having it fixed, why don't you just adopt more kittens?

What do you want a litter (5 or 6 more cats) for anyway?

Old 06-14-2007, 08:12 AM  

Adopting more kittens could cause more problems. For one, if I go to the shelter and adopt them there, that gets pretty pricy at $40 a pop. Not to mention they would make me get them all fixed and that would mean an extra $30 for each. If I get them all off the street they pose a risk for diseases which in turn could infect my cat that I already have. More vet bills.... If I get one decent cat and she has kittens with another cat that I know (and there are males that I could mate her with) then that would ensure that 1) The kittens will not be sick (no worms, fleas, etc) and 2) I would know that I was going to probably like at least one of their personalities. Now if I was rich, I would adopt more cats from the shelter cause I know they need homes too, but I am just simply a poor college student.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:33 AM  

San Marcos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensrose View Post
Adopting more kittens could cause more problems. For one, if I go to the shelter and adopt them there, that gets pretty pricy at $40 a pop. Not to mention they would make me get them all fixed and that would mean an extra $30 for each. If I get them all off the street they pose a risk for diseases which in turn could infect my cat that I already have. More vet bills.... If I get one decent cat and she has kittens with another cat that I know (and there are males that I could mate her with) then that would ensure that 1) The kittens will not be sick (no worms, fleas, etc) and 2) I would know that I was going to probably like at least one of their personalities. Now if I was rich, I would adopt more cats from the shelter cause I know they need homes too, but I am just simply a poor college student.
Holy ****.

1. If you can't afford $40 each to adopt the kittens, then you can't afford to raise them, whether they came from the shelter or a litter.

2. If you can't afford $30 each to fix them, then see #1.

3. If you wouldn't fix the kittens from the shelter, then you wouldn't fix the kittens from the litter, which makes you a HUGE part of the problem.

4. You know you would probably like at least one of their personalities????!!!! a) Why would you not know that from "meeting" the kittens at the shelter and b) what the **** do you plan to do with the ones with personalities that you do not like???????????

5. Most of the cats and dogs that show up at the shelter either come from pets that were not fixed and/or college students who lost interest or were unable to afford their care, or had to move some place that did not allow pets. $100 says your cats end up back at the shelter or dead. Which leads me to my original question, that I held back from asking at the time you posted your request:

6. What happened to your previous cat?
Old 06-14-2007, 02:47 PM  
A2

I love kittens.....they taste just like chicken

Old 06-18-2007, 11:39 AM  

jeez lay off her.

We just want a cat that can have a litter of kittens before we get it fixed.

We are good cat lovers, as a matter of fact the reason we want a new kitten is because a cat we adopted, (who was over 10 yrs and had FIV when we got him) just passed away.

Our other kitty, the one we got from the shelter, is beautiful and has a wonderful personality and it upsets us that we can't get a kitten from her to replace the old man who just passed on.

We aren't trying to start a cat farm or breed cats. It just upsets us that we can't get a kitten from the cat we got already who is smart and sweet and pretty. It's a shame that we were forced to take her out of the gene pool.

Also we had a bad experience at the shelter when we adopted our cat. They had advertised a certain fee in the paper, and then told us double that when they got there. Also they said the fee included a voucher to get the cat fixed and vaccinated. The voucher turned out to be worth 30 dollars of what came out to about 120.00 worth of work on the cat. I have pissed and moaned about that ever since and I'm the one that told Jensrose we shouldn't use the shelter anyway.

Anyway, lay off her. She's not trying to start a cat colony, and she's not gonna generate any strays.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:45 AM  

San Marcos
I stand by my original position. If she can't affor to get them fixed, she can't afford to have that many in the first place and if she isn't going to get the kittens from the litter fixed, she'll be creating more strays, for sure.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:47 AM  

By the way, we have been looking for a kitten for two months or more now, and everytime we have a line on a new litter, they all get taken before we can get one.

Not many on craigslist or in the papers either, so it's not like there a huge kitten glut on the free market.

All that being said:

If anyone has a litter, we are looking. Our preference would be a short haired black cat, but personality is more important than looks.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:48 AM  

She may be a poor college student but I'm not (not poor anyway) and I'll be the one paying the vet bills anyway.

I can afford them. I just a nursed a cat with a terminal disease for the last years of his life...A kitten will be cheap compared to that.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:57 AM  

San Marcos
Your story just keeps changing, but my reply does not.

Adopt 5 and get them fixed.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!