Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-19-2007, 07:31 AM  

I don't know how my story changes. I haven't told any stories, so you couldn't possibly know what my story is.

"adopt five cats"? that doesn't even make sense. That's just stupid.

Here is the "story"

We Never said we wanted five cats. we want one cat that can have one litter of kittens, that we can keep one kitten and give away the rest. I feel like the shelter ripped us off on the (younger, female) cat (Iris)we got there 3 years ago, who is still alive and beautiful and healthy. If the shelter hadn't made us fix her, I'd have had a kitten from her two years ago (and she'd have gotten fixed right after) and we wouldn't be looking for one now to replace the really old cat (Howard) that just died of a terminal disease. His care was very expensive in the end but guess what, I coughed up 200 dollars every three months or so to get hot spots surgically removed and buy medicine for the last two years of his life, so I guess I can afford a little kitten care.

There, did I explain simply enough for you to understand it this time?

"Bet a hundred dollars that they are all going to end up at the shelter anyway," you say. I bet a hundred dollars that you are an idiot. Just let us try to find a kitten and quit pretending this is any of your business at all.

Any cat or cats we get will be lucky cats. they will be well fed, and have regular visits to the vet, and be happy and healthy and have lots of love and play.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:41 AM  

San Marcos
Your story changes because you were complaining about the cost of fixing the cats and now, money is no object.

If you weren't going to keep the whole litter, then adopt two. Don't breed kittens to give away.

I'm an idiot? Look in the mirror.

If you got "ripped off" by the shelter, then go to another one. If you are having the cat you are given and (presumably) the kittens it produces fixed, then adopting two and having them fixed should be no problem.

None of my business? You posted in a public discussion forum. That means you were looking for responses. You got one that you didn't like. Boo hoo.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:41 AM  

I never complained about the cost of fixing the cats, I complained about getting ripped off by the shelter. Jensrose is a poor college student, and I wish she had never mentioned that because it's all you harp on, but it doesn't matter because I am the one who pays for stuff like this, and to me, money is no object.

And Jensrose published her post on a public message board to find a kitten, not to get a morality lesson from someone who half-informed at best as to her ability to care for a kitten or a family of kittens.

As a matter of fact, we would even be willing to adopt a pregnant cat and take care of her and her family if anyone knows of one needing to be rescued or adopted, and I am confident that we would be able to give away (to very good homes) any or all kittens that we did not want to keep ourselves.

We just want a cat that we can share the experience of birth and motherhood with, and we want a kitten that we can watch grow up and become a big healthy cat.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:10 AM  

"We just want a cat that we can share the experience of birth and motherhood with, and we want a kitten that we can watch grow up and become a big healthy cat."

Futureshock and Jensrose, I respect your decision to adopt a cat and have kittens and wish you the best of luck. I will let you know if I hear anything about short-haired, black cats or any others for adoption.

Semi-Native, please, let it go.
I encourage responsible pet ownership including the spaying and neutering of pets. But if anyone wants to share in the raising of kittens or puppies (goldfish, reptiles or what have you) as a *responsible* pet owner, it is their right to do so.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:48 PM  

San Marcos
Beto, I did let it go. Please be aware that it is my right to believe that someone may not be a responsible pet owner and to express that belief in a public forum.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:47 PM  
A2

hey beto....you seem all right to me, so I'm gonna let you in on a little secret.....DO NOT GET SEMI NATIVE STARTED.......it's best for everyone
Old 06-21-2007, 07:54 AM  

San Marcos
Indeed.

.................................................. ...........................................

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.