Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-13-2004, 09:44 AM  
bman

Little Arkansas

has anyone heard of little arkansas? i hear its a really nice swimmin hole but that it is on private property approx 15mi NW of san marcos, im assuming that it is part of the blanco river.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:29 PM  
A2

If you go to the Showdown and buy enough beer....they might tell you how to get in there.

But for Fifty dollars I'll tel you how to get the infamous swimming hole in Dripping Springs, known as......Little Dead Man....
The location of this place is one of the most well gaurded in Central Texas....

Acutally I don't know where big dead man is. So if someone out there in internet land would like to trade me, even steven for the location of Little dead man,... I'll gladly do it...

Little Dead Man....Is a ...Literally...dripping spring that falls into a 15 foot deep, pool that is only about 20 feet across. But the water is like 65 degrees year round. and the spring where it comes out is is a cave 10 feet above the water. Ferns, moss, and way, way out in the middle of nowhere.

Easily one of the most insane places I've seen/been to in Texas.

Old 07-13-2004, 12:51 PM  

Aaron I'd guess it's near Deadman's hole if it isn't Deadman's Hole. Same sorta deal little creek dug hug hole in gound, deep pool under the falls, gradually gets shallower away from falls. No cave that I know of. Much bigger Hole than you describe, probably why it's called little dead man.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:21 PM  
A2

Exactly.....
Dead Man's Hole.....what a name for a place to go swimming....

From what I hear...your right. Little dead man is a smaller and colder version. And when I say cold I mean colder than Barton Spring.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:27 PM  

Here is a link for directions to little Ark. There was a bitchin campout there a couple weeks ago [link]www.bluefishentertainment.com[/link] and lil deadmans is a awesome place SHHHHHH!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:37 AM  

My brother and my own family are on a quest this summer to try to find - Dead Man's Hole, West Cave, Little Dead Man, and Little Arkansas. We live in SanAntonio.
Any help? Thanks so much!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 02:08 PM  

Unfortunately, Little Arkansas is no longer open.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads