Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-28-2010, 09:58 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I'll ask around.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:57 PM  

Canyon Lake, TX
I knew him as Dan, Dan, the grasshopper man back in the early to mid 90's. I haven't seen him in years. Krishna-rama (sewn to the back of his green jacket) was his stage name, but never sure what he did. I almost forgot about the cat!!! I think at one time he lived in a storage building over near the schools, towards 35. He was eccentric to say the least, but always very nice. I would love to know more about him. If anyone knows where Joe Ptak is, he could probably give you some info.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:36 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I've asked some "locals" no one from here is from here, and no one has a clue who I'm talking about.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:47 PM  

San Marcos
I don't know what he did, either, other than ride his green bike around, with a squirrel. He did "audition" for me once, when I was working at a local bar. He brought in a radio and a cassette, with (I suppose it was) him playing music. Very strange. Seems like he asked if we had a guitar he could use when/if he got the gig (he did not).

So long ago, the details are a little fuzzy now. Funny, at the time I swore I would never forget that audition...
Old 11-30-2010, 10:17 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by semi-native View Post
I don't know what he did, either, other than ride his green bike around, with a squirrel. He did "audition" for me once, when I was working at a local bar. He brought in a radio and a cassette, with (I suppose it was) him playing music. Very strange. Seems like he asked if we had a guitar he could use when/if he got the gig (he did not).

So long ago, the details are a little fuzzy now. Funny, at the time I swore I would never forget that audition...
That's funny and crazy. Frunnzy.

I love it!
Old 01-09-2011, 04:47 PM  

Yep..his name was Dan or "Grasshopper". Green spandex clothes from head to toe...riding his green bicycle with a squirrel on his shoulder. I remember him shooting a kid that went to SMHS in the stomach down on the square around 1988 or 89. The kid was harassing him and trying to fight him...so he pulled out a small pistol and shot him. It was all over the news back then. The last I saw him was around 1992.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:46 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas

Is this the guy we are all talking about?
Old 01-10-2011, 04:24 PM  

Nope. Thats Dancin' Todd!
Old 01-11-2011, 12:01 AM  

Canyon Lake, TX
Nope...no youtube when Dan the Grasshopper man was around!!! Woulda been awesome though...Krishna-Rama goes viral...epic
Old 01-11-2011, 12:00 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjak View Post
Nope. Thats Dancin' Todd!
I'm guessing the locals would have had different names for the characters.

Like I'm sure not everyone refers to Michael Jackson guy as Michael Jackson guy. Well I don't know what else you would call him, but you get the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANSTAAFB View Post
Nope...no youtube when Dan the Grasshopper man was around!!! Woulda been awesome though...Krishna-Rama goes viral...epic
A lot of youtube is converted old film. I have hope someone caught him on video, and that we can track him down.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads