Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-17-2007, 09:20 PM  

McCarty Ln./ IH 35

Anybody know what's going up there? Has to be another dealership, I'm thinking. If its a super wal mar PLUS, i gotta move.

Old 02-19-2007, 12:30 PM  

If you are asking about the construction on the east side of the highway at 35 and McCarty, it is the new hotel and convention center that is slated to open next year.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:53 PM  

Thanks for the answer. That's kind of a. . .relief? Convenient place for family to stay, at least.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:38 PM  

this was killed a long time ago and Wal-Mart's not going in on RR12 and Craddock...it was just a scare. There are 24 acres on that corner that the neighborhood association continually fights with the owner over, and he's not been allowed to develop it in years
Old 06-30-2007, 03:41 PM  

and on the west side

across from some car dealership (is it San Marcos Auto Outlet?), a clerk told me they are putting a big new JCPenneys.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:07 AM  
A2

I'm sure that this is another rumor....but

I've heard that their putting in a super Target there, and where the old target is an Academy Sports and Outdoors is going in.

Either way you can bet that what ever gets built there it will be the following.

1. Big and Square
2. Contain no elements of any architecture value whatsoever
3. Will be Limestone, Stucco, and painted a shade of light brown/tan
4. It will look just like everysingle building that has been built along 35 for the past 5 years. Boreing.

And while I'm ranting.......they build a beutiful childrens hospital at the old airport in Austin. It's really a stunning peice of art, but you'll never see it the way it was ment to be seen BECAUSE THEY BUILT A BED BATH AND BEYOND DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF IT. and yes it's tan stucoo with limestone. and perfectly square.

I'm not sure where modern architecture is burried in Central Texas, but the stink of it's rotting corpse is strongest between San Antonio and Austin.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:40 AM  

San Marcos
I'm pretty sure that Best Buy, Target and JC Penney are moving over to where Sam's is. I can't remember what is going to fill in the empty spaces in the Target center when they're gone. Maybe nothing.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:58 AM  

I'll give ya an amen on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2 View Post
I'm sure that this is another rumor....but

I've heard that their putting in a super Target there, and where the old target is an Academy Sports and Outdoors is going in.

Either way you can bet that what ever gets built there it will be the following.

1. Big and Square
2. Contain no elements of any architecture value whatsoever
3. Will be Limestone, Stucco, and painted a shade of light brown/tan
4. It will look just like everysingle building that has been built along 35 for the past 5 years. Boreing.

And while I'm ranting.......they build a beutiful childrens hospital at the old airport in Austin. It's really a stunning peice of art, but you'll never see it the way it was ment to be seen BECAUSE THEY BUILT A BED BATH AND BEYOND DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF IT. and yes it's tan stucoo with limestone. and perfectly square.

I'm not sure where modern architecture is burried in Central Texas, but the stink of it's rotting corpse is strongest between San Antonio and Austin.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:04 AM  

More inquiry on the hotel/convention center: any word on what restaraurant or bar they'll have?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads