Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-31-2004, 02:26 PM  
Antny

Medieval Warfare (for fun)

Anyone interested in medieval fighting styles and re-creation...the local SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) group has a fighter practice on Sundays. We get together in the grass beside the SM Greenhouse and Interpretive Center...or for a better landmark, across the road from Herbert's Taco Hut. Around 5:00 in the afternoon and on into the evening you'll see people in armor beating the hell out of each other with swords made of rattan. Come check it out!

Antny...or Anton if I'm in garb
Old 06-01-2004, 05:59 AM  
A2

LOL

I thought SCA stood for Soceity for Consenting Adults..... :lol:

Old 06-04-2004, 06:04 AM  

Only when it's dark outside :shock:
Old 06-16-2004, 11:24 PM  

Rattan Bats

Ya'd think Sunday afternoon beatings would fall right in line somehow with Sunday morning mass, and frankly I'm a bit suprized you fella's don't already have sponsor patches from varyings churches on your garb.

Well thanks for the invite, I used to do both, mass and rattan, but these days I spend my Sundays cross-legged in my garden trying to pick tomatoes with my mind.

May see you anyway.

MA

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.