Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-19-2008, 07:15 AM  

Meeting at Valentino's

I know this is probably really late for this board, but if anyone is interested in attending the Star Wars Society of San Marcos monthly meeting tonight, feel free. It's at 6p at Valentino's.

Old 07-20-2008, 03:44 PM  

The fact that there is a Star Wars Society of San Marcos is quite disconcerting. If it keeps you from driving full speed into houses on Holland St. or elsewhere, may the force be with you.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:50 PM  

Star Warts

Star wars society? May the force be with you.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:24 PM  

Revisionism

If you're going to edit my post until it reads the opposite of what I originally posted, just remove it. Nothing edited was "objectionable, obscene, vulgar, sexually oriented, hateful, threatening or otherwise violative of any laws" as stated in the forum rules. The rules should be applied fairly, evenly and as stated.
Anyone in a "star wars society" should expect a little good natured ribbing.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:55 PM  

San Marcos
The tone had moved beyond good-natured ribbing, IMO.

I did not edit it to make the message anything. I deleted the insults. If you would like to remove the post altogether, you're welcome to edit it, as I did my own in other threads.

And, for the record, I have been in some EXTREMELY heated discussions on here and this is the first time I have deleted (or asked to have deleted) anything other than spam. Political debates that get out of hand are one thing. Going into the announcements section and insulting another user for posting their events is another, IMO.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:49 PM  

Revision Is Revision

Post #3, intentionally or not, was edited in such a manner that it reads in a manner opposite to the original message. IMO the deleted items did not approach the level of being "insulting" to a child or a nun.

I didn't know the announcements section was sacred.

Why do I suspect semi-native and vader are the same?
Old 07-25-2008, 08:29 PM  

San Marcos
I'm not Vader and you'll be hard pressed to convince anyone I am. You'll note that not a single post insulting me, in any thread, has been deleted.

I suspect you are Spud, since your message here is nearly identical to his earlier PM to me, minus a little temper tantrum.

So, I guess we're even.

Announcements are not sacred, but unwarranted insults with no provocation are not welcome. You're still welcome to delete post #3 altogether, if you think the meaning has somehow been lost by deleting the insulting parts.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:53 PM  

I'm not semi-native, but I have a good level of respect for him (her?).

Yes, we can take a few good jokes. We don't take ourselves too seriously, because after all, we're a bunch of people who play dress-up. We really enjoy Star Wars, but we don't go so far as to make it a religion. We mostly do what we do to help out various charities - like the Special Olympics, Cystic Fibrosis, American Red Cross, Food Banks, and the like.

I don't know what was posted, and if it was edited or deleted, I'm sure it wasn't as good-natured some would say. Personally, it doesn't bother me. In all the times I've put my costumes on, only once did something bad happen. Generally everyone loves what we do, from the toddlers to the octogenarians.

If you're interested in our group, go to our site (swssm.com) or stop by Valentino's every 3rd Saturday of the month (except this month). We'll be out at the Starplex this Thursday afternoon to help promote the Clone Wars movie (which is really good - I got to see a special screening last weekend in San Antonio). So come by the theater, check out the movie, and visit with us.

And if you have a favorite charity you'd like to help promote, please let us know! We love being able to help out when we can.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:24 AM  
Han

How often do y'all meet? What do you do?
Old 09-01-2008, 07:07 PM  

We try to meet every 3rd Saturday at Valentino's at 6p. This month we'll meet on the 20th.

At our meetings, we generally just visit and go over upcoming events. If you're interested, come on out. And you can check the website as well at http://swssm.com

Our main focus is costuming, but it's not a requirement to 'join.' We'd love to meet you.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads