Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2010, 10:31 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by addie View Post
Yeah, I used to see that tranny Leslie flaunting himself in thongs on south Oltorf. Which I don't really mind, I just don't what to be stared at until I give them some money. The Charlie Hodge radio show talks a lot about mean bums that he calls "intimidatasouras rex". Angry bums and such.
I used to see a van going around and picking up and dropping off bums on corners, Either Austin has got some organized bums or somebody was pimping them out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora06 View Post
I have seen that one! I was eating at Gattis and Leslie came in a complemented my dress. It was interesting, to say the least.

About the bums being intimidating--- I totally agree. Every time I go to 6th street I get badgered about money or followed by a couple muttering under their breath. Thankfully I always go with a large group of people, I'd never go in small numbers or by myself.

My new Favorite is the Austin Recovery Ministries (ARM), I don't care what you problem is, yelling at people stopped at lights is not going to get you any donations. Also trying to peddle penny candy is dumb as well. I don't know who is responsible for these folks, but they are a scab on Austin.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:58 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora06 View Post
I have seen that one! I was eating at Gattis and Leslie came in a complemented my dress. It was interesting, to say the least.

About the bums being intimidating--- I totally agree. Every time I go to 6th street I get badgered about money or followed by a couple muttering under their breath. Thankfully I always go with a large group of people, I'd never go in small numbers or by myself.
I haven't seen the MJ guy, interesting.

Bums certainly don't intimidate me. I guess growing up near Chicago cured me of that.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:33 AM  

Rockwall
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
I haven't seen the MJ guy, interesting.

Bums certainly don't intimidate me. I guess growing up near Chicago cured me of that.
I grew up near Dallas and the only interactions we had with the downtown crowd of homeless people were not pleasant. When I was little, my mom and I tried to take them the left over church food, our car basically got attacked when we tried to pass it out. I guess no good dead goes unpunished, but that certainly left a lasting impression on me as a child!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:21 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I can see where that might mess you up a little.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!